Lhanson 1st Gen Tundra Build

lhanson

Adventurer
Yes it is that time of the year already! I am gonna run away to CA/Baja Mexico for a week ;)

Yea Mike's ranger is pretty neat. When I was helping him with rear I took a shock off and that thing extended to my nose! Crazy to thing its all under his bed still.

lhanson

Adventurer
My Solo Motorsports rear bumper is ready for a new home now!

2000 - 2006 Tundra high clearance rear bumper for sale. Custom built by Solo Motorsports in CA. Features hidden hitch behind lic plate, fully boxed in construction inside and outside of frame, side protection that ties into side of frame and bolts on using factory location no welding required. Led light pod tabs. Powder coated. Increases departure angle. Located near Seattle, WA 98372. Local pickup preferred. $750

Roof top tent also forsale! Tepui Ruggedized Autana Sky current version with zippered base to change canvases! Looking for $1600 [url]https://tepuitents.com/collections/3-person-roof-top-tents/products/autana-ruggedized-roof-top-tent

[url=https://flic.kr/p/CEnW7N]

BretEdge

Adventurer
Digging your truck, man. Especially that new rear bumper. Exactly what I want to put on my truck when the time comes. Just picked up a 2006 Tundra DC and am starting my own build process. Live in Moab and am also a mountain biker so I'm kinda drawn to your build/rig because I'm planning to build my rig into an off-road/road trip rig for family mountain bike adventures. Sick work on yours!

Last edited:

lhanson

Adventurer
Been awhile since I did an update but for good reason. I just did a 3,000 mile adventure from WA to Ensenada, Mexico and back in a week. Logged most miles by myself as I met up with friends and family in San Diego. Urban Mountain Bike Race we do every year was scary as ever but good times were had. Safe to say I was sufficiently full of tacos, churros and Tecate that weekend. Look forward to it every year I recommend you check it out!

Canopy has shown me that it is the ticket for this style of travel I do often so I will be investing in the ARE MX with walk in door very soon!

24749943238_6da4b1ccc0_c.jpg

There is nothing like seeing a pitch black road and flipping my Baja Designs lights on. The throw was so impressive to watch it bounce off hills miles down the road.

38589801402_88255b289d_c.jpg

37904820414_f40248f10e_c.jpg

24750183118_0e550d34df_c.jpg

The custom king coilovers did phenomenal this trip. Took advantage of compression clickers and adjusted to each need and it was beneficial.

24750020638_3a19391893_c.jpg

38622519791_fa60db1e46_c.jpg

Surprisingly this was only one of 5 sketchy sections. Not a single step was the same size and made for some pucker up moments.

38565911506_a48b4156b3_c.jpg

26846179629_0b4e1f42ff_c.jpg

My last camp spot on way back is always a pleasure in Shasta :)

There is nothing like exploring random roads and its crazy how many gems I have found cause of this.

Last edited:

Kpack

Adventurer
Looks like a blast! Glad the truck did well, and pretty awesome you were able to meet up with toyotech. Two of the best Tundra's out there sitting in the same driveway.

-Kevin

Adventurous

Explorer
Been awhile since I did an update but for good reason. I just did a 3,000 mile adventure from WA to Ensenada, Mexico and back in a week. Logged most miles by myself as I met up with friends and family in San Diego. Urban Mountain Bike Race we do every year was scary as ever but good times were had. Safe to say I was sufficiently full of tacos, churros and Tecate that weekend. Look forward to it every year I recommend you check it out!

Canopy has shown me that it is the ticket for this style of travel I do often so I will be investing in the ARE MX with walk in door very soon!

There is nothing like seeing a pitch black road and flipping my Baja Designs lights on. The throw was so impressive to watch it bounce off hills miles down the road.

The custom king coilovers did phenomenal this trip. Took advantage of compression clickers and adjusted to each need and it was beneficial.

Surprisingly this was only one of 5 sketchy sections. Not a single step was the same size and made for some pucker up moments.

My last camp spot on way back is always a pleasure in Shasta :)

There is nothing like exploring random roads and its crazy how many gems I have found cause of this.

Awesome! How'd you place? I was always leery of urban DH type races, probably too many hucks to flat on DH bikes in my younger days to make me consider such a thing. :D

lhanson

Adventurer
Awesome! How'd you place? I was always leery of urban DH type races, probably too many hucks to flat on DH bikes in my younger days to make me consider such a thing. :D

I ended up just doing a couple party laps with boys and decided to not race since I had a close one. Went into the wall on the sketchy stair case and blew out of my clips and some how managed to not tomahawk down the rest of stairs ha. I just started a new job so wanted to be in one piece. 90% of us ride it on our trail bikes hahaha

smokeysevin

Observer
Interesting setup, really keep an eye on the welds/shock structure. I have pulled a shock out before. That metal isnt all that thick.

Sean.

Mike.rider

Observer
Interesting setup, really keep an eye on the welds/shock structure. I have pulled a shock out before. That metal isnt all that thick.

Sean.

It’s cut and reinforced, welded both half’s of
the cross members skins together. Should be as strong as the stock set up, but I wouldn’t go run the Baja 1000 with it lol

Time will tell though. Easy enough to reinforce if it starts to crack out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

491a2eed8b5761f6741ca0e1a80a8860.jpg

Hey man, awesome build! Tons of insperation for my own 1st gen. Can you or anyone point me to the more info about the bumper on the red tundra? It's exactly what I'm looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles