Lhanson 1st Gen Tundra Build

lhanson

Adventurer
Still some stuff to wrap up but got a goooooooood chunk done on rear bumper!

IMG_9591

IMG_4210 2

IMG_9589 2

I still have to wire up the Baja Designs S2 Pro for back up lights, cut the fender flares, pick up/mount the dual jerry can holder and mount the 11 lbs propane bottle mount.

Cletus26

Adventurer
Still some stuff to wrap up but got a goooooooood chunk done on rear bumper!

IMG_9591

IMG_4210 2

IMG_9589 2

I still have to wire up the Baja Designs S2 Pro for back up lights, cut the fender flares, pick up/mount the dual jerry can holder and mount the 11 lbs propane bottle mount.

There's a nerve racking cut. How much ground clearance do you gain or does the bumper basically replace the cut out area?

lhanson

Adventurer
It was a little intimidating but good fun ha. A lot more ground clearance. Bumper only replaces some and the cut photo you see of mine was already chopped for my old bumper that had a ton of ground clearance. Ill take some good photos once I wrap up all this work and give a final clearance measurement.

lhanson

Adventurer
Dialing the bumper in! Slowly coming along. Had to modify a hitch extension for my bike rack to work on swing out. Now its dialed in but need to find a prop to support wing out while camping and its open thinking something like a hood prop tool. Got a lot of work done on the canopy today: sanded down, windows removed, painted and letting the paint to cure tonight then resembling tomorrow.

Next up mounting the dual jerry can holder and 11lbs propane mount!

IMG_9675

IMG_9663

IMG_9582

IMG_6124

IMG_9654

Last edited:

lhanson

Adventurer
Sick! Love the bikes too.

What color did you decide for the canopy?

I decided to duplicolor Black bedliner it. Came out great! Just need to figure out how to evenly shine everything. May do a semi gloss clear coat tomorrow and call it the day.

lhanson

Adventurer
Made some more progress today. Got windows back into canopy and got it mounted on truck. Got the dual jerry can holder on swing out. Mocked up propane bottle mount and it will fit!! Paint is little uneven but sun may even it out.

IMG_9683

IMG_9682

lhanson

Adventurer
Today I got to fabbing the 11lbs power tank propane tank mount. Had to do some measuring and some drilling. Came out super solid. Chose to mount it with 3 grade 10.9 M10 bolts. Feels super solid and there is one more area I could get a 4th bolt in if need be.

IMG_9701

IMG_2241

IMG_9705

IMG_8961

Getting excited to build the bed sleeping platform out!

lhanson

Adventurer
Got out and did some searching for some of the first snow up in WA. Found some in Cle Elum area! Didn't take many pictures or spend to much time trail running but it was a nice to get out and test some of the new mods.

My Tundra.

My buddy Jim with his sleeper tacoma 6spd that goes further than most modded trucks.

Mike from my 4x4 SAR Unit: Supercharged ranger 14in travel in front and 17in in rear locked list goes on and on.

AaronK

Explorer
Mike's ranger is ************. Should have seen it at the rally on the tech course

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles