Lexus GX OR Concept

JakeH

Adventurer
By now I'm sure everyone has seen this story on the home page & in the past few days it has posted to several other mainstream sites, along with a YouTube video from Lexus. Soooooooo...
What do yall think--Love it or hate it?

I personally like it, but dont know how necessary those aluminum boxes really are if you're carrying a trailer. Definitely interested in that front bumper winch setup though.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I saw it in person when I was in Colorado a few weeks back, we passed that group of GX's when we were on one of the passes. It looks good, but other than the CBI hybrid bumper there's nothing special about it and I doubt it'll ever transpire into anything from Lexus. I saw in the thread over on Mud that CBI is considering offering the bumper for sale in the future. The boxes are nice for when you aren't pulling your trailer and you need the interior space, but I don't like the idea of hard mounted stuff on the rack, it should be easily accessible and mounted or removed IMHO.

Kpack

Adventurer
Can't say I'm a huge fan of that bumper. A little crazy for me. And it doesn't look like it increased the clearance/approach angle at all. I know it's a 'stealth' bumper so it's supposed to look somewhat stock, but if you're going to go through the trouble of making one, why not get all the benefit out of it as possible?

Besides that, I like what they've done with the rest of it. A part of me has always wanted to pick up a GX and build it out. Someday perhaps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94