Lexus GX 460 & 470 owner's thread

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Yea I remember the story over on Mud, just wasn't sure what was going to come of it after insurance got involved. Glad it's gonna stick around.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Another beach stroll in the books.

0DS46XG.jpg

cactusjk

Explorer
I have a very nice condition 07 GX470 and it looks like I need to replace the air suspension. Recommendations?

~160Kmiles

Suspension was replace at around 100Kmiles.

JakeH

Adventurer
The old 200 LC was retired to the vacation house to live with the jeep. Would never use either as a DD...but yup, everyone is poor compared to somebody else!

zelseman

Observer
DSC03295.JPG

Finally joined the club this Fall. We needed something a little more comfortable for long slogs on highway before getting off-road and the GX fit the bill.
2006 GX470 with 140,000 on the clock. Timing belt and water pump were done at 99k and tires are nearly new. Had maintenance records with the dealer that we bought it from since 70k miles and we are the third owner. Paid $10,700 and felt pretty good about it considering how prices have been lately. Obviously everyone in this thread already knows this, but I can't get over how comfortable this thing is on the highway and off. I am excited to get into it with a small lift, storage in the rear and eventually a small fridge and roof top tent.

Are Squared

Well, I was inspired by Tex68w's build, so I figured I should get in the game.
2017 GX460 Premium
Ironman Foam Cell Pro Suspension Stage 2 (3" Front Performance load, 2" Rear Performance Load)
Evo Corse Dakar Zero 17" wheels
Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 285/75 R17
Mainline Overland Rock Sliders
Mainline Overland front bumper clearance cut

Next on the list:
Prinsu Roof Rack
CBI Stealth Bumper
CBI Skids
Goose Gear r3ear plate
Lenz Design Snorkel

Thanks again to Tex68w's patience in answering questions and providing guidance on this. Also, thanks to the gang at Mainline Overland, PA for the stellar service.ExPortal.jpgExPortal-1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles