Lexus GX 460 & 470 owner's thread

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Three days old and already running the beach.

Y5AnOWm.jpg

yCpTp25.jpg

I've been trying to research the 470's. Someon mentioned premium gas earlier in this thread. The 470s don't require that do they? Also, what years were impacted by the cracked dash?

yeos

Observer
I've been trying to research the 470's. Someon mentioned premium gas earlier in this thread. The 470s don't require that do they? Also, what years were impacted by the cracked dash?

I believe it's just a recommendation for premium gas. And all years are affected by the dash crack.

bkg

Explorer

We've owned a few Lexi... never used premium, but all of the manuals recommend.

moose545

Run my 460 with normal all the time, all is well. Dash cracks hopefully were fixed by prior owners, Lexus replaced them within 10yrs of the vehicle being new I believe so all the 470s are up by now. Lots of info on GXOR specifically for that and more.

AIRDOWN

A few from a recent trip.

Attachments

• IMG_5020.jpeg
    IMG_5020.jpeg
    921.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_5147.jpeg
    IMG_5147.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_4770.jpeg
    IMG_4770.jpeg
    805.5 KB · Views: 144

rpearce1475

Apologies if this has been mentioned in this thread previously, all searches mentioned older models. Has anyone gone from a newer (2016ish+) 4runner to a newer (with ACC/safety features) GX460? I'm in a 2018 4runner that I haven't loved for most of ownership and am looking to sell it off soon. The Lexus is one of the contender vehicles (won't mention the others as I don't want to start a vs). Desires are more comfortable ride, nicer interior, more power for highway driving, good offroad capability (nothing too crazy though). Is the Lexus too similar to my 4runner? Will I regret the switch? Any opinions welcome

rpearce1475

Biggest two are how loud it is on the inside (wind noise) and the poor power is the biggest one. Mountain driving means constant gear hunting and going 70+ on the interstate (especially when at elevation) means 3rd gear and the car screaming at 45K rpm for prolonged periods of time, really wears one out

JakeH

Adventurer
Apologies if this has been mentioned in this thread previously, all searches mentioned older models. Has anyone gone from a newer (2016ish+) 4runner to a newer (with ACC/safety features) GX460? I'm in a 2018 4runner that I haven't loved for most of ownership and am looking to sell it off soon. The Lexus is one of the contender vehicles (won't mention the others as I don't want to start a vs). Desires are more comfortable ride, nicer interior, more power for highway driving, good offroad capability (nothing too crazy though). Is the Lexus too similar to my 4runner? Will I regret the switch? Any opinions welcome
My brother in law has a 17 or 18 4runner & my GX is a completely different experience. Much roomier, more luxurious, better everything & a V8

Run my 460 with normal all the time, all is well. Dash cracks hopefully were fixed by prior owners, Lexus replaced them within 10yrs of the vehicle being new I believe so all the 470s are up by now. Lots of info on GXOR specifically for that and more.

Will the dash swap show up on Carfax? I've been thinking it would but have yet to see one show up when looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles