Lexus GX 460 & 470 owner's thread

JakeH

Adventurer
So we're all used to seeing the GX represented as a compromise between those who can't or won't spend the cash on a Land Cruiser & those who need something larger or more powerful than a 4runner. I say that's all BS. The GX is a goldilocks SUV in my mind, so here's a thread dedicated to all those who own or love the American version of the prado! If you own build or drive a GX, post up for the record!

Mine is a white 2014 & dang right it is 4wd with a V8, they don't come any other way!

JLee

Adventurer
So we're all used to seeing the GX represented as a compromise between those who can't or won't spend the cash on a Land Cruiser & those who need something larger or more powerful than a 4runner. I say that's all BS. The GX is a goldilocks SUV in my mind, so here's a thread dedicated to all those who own or love the American version of the prado! If you own build or drive a GX, post up for the record!

Mine is a white 2014 & dang right it is 4wd with a V8, they don't come any other way!

I love mine. '05 w/KDSS.

m96QBMP.png

JakeH

Adventurer
Exactly. I was hoping this thread would not have that issue. I regularly ride in a 2017 4runner & a 200 series, while owning a GX. I promise...Different sizes...all 3...no 2 are the same truck

JakeH

Adventurer
Mine is a 2014 with the KDSS. No air shocks or Levinson sound system, but hope to add bags to the back at some point for towing a boat or trailer & maybe she will get a stereo upgrade for her 100k birthday. Suddenly my pics are too large to upload for some reason. I'll have to resize or take some new ones when I get a few minutes.

bkg

Explorer
Tried to buy a GX470 for my wife. Couldn’t find one that fit the criteria I laid out for mileage/condition... ended up with a gen5 4Runner.

Can you really tell the difference in size between the 4runner and te GX460? We are thinking of trading in our 2016 4runner on a GX460. The main reason is we have 2 houses in the desert, and the 4runners AC is trash, and who in the hell builds a 3 row vehicle nowadays with the only rear AC vents being in the back of the center console :rolleyes: We are going to look at them tomorrow.

JakeH

Adventurer
Yes, you will absolutely notice the gx460 is bigger. It's a few inches wider a few inches longer with real AC vents in the roof for the back seat. In fact, some like mine have a dedicated rear ac compressor to feed them

joshashley80

Just bought this GX470. I was searching for a cruiser, but the price for year and milage was insane to me. So I broadened my horizons, and I'm glad I did. I love this thing, and can't wait to start my build.

Attachments

• IMG_20180925_121221.jpg
    IMG_20180925_121221.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 325

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles