Lexus GX 460 & 470 owner's thread

JakeH

Adventurer
So we're all used to seeing the GX represented as a compromise between those who can't or won't spend the cash on a Land Cruiser & those who need something larger or more powerful than a 4runner. I say that's all BS. The GX is a goldilocks SUV in my mind, so here's a thread dedicated to all those who own or love the American version of the prado! If you own build or drive a GX, post up for the record!

Mine is a white 2014 & dang right it is 4wd with a V8, they don't come any other way!

Dalko43

Explorer
The GX is a goldilocks SUV in my mind, so here's a thread dedicated to all those who own or love the American version of the prado!
The GX = the LC Prado = the 4runner. They're all built off the same platform, with obvious differences in the engine department, body panels and interior.

I don't understand why there is such a disconnect about that.

JakeH

Adventurer
Because they are all different sizes with different drivetrains, we get it completely. Trust me, 4runner is smaller

eatSleepWoof

Explorer
Why is it that seemingly every thread (on any forum) that tries to focus on the GX always end up with exactly the same drama? Sigh...

JLee

Adventurer
So we're all used to seeing the GX represented as a compromise between those who can't or won't spend the cash on a Land Cruiser & those who need something larger or more powerful than a 4runner. I say that's all BS. The GX is a goldilocks SUV in my mind, so here's a thread dedicated to all those who own or love the American version of the prado! If you own build or drive a GX, post up for the record!

Mine is a white 2014 & dang right it is 4wd with a V8, they don't come any other way!
I love mine. '05 w/KDSS.

JakeH

Adventurer
Exactly. I was hoping this thread would not have that issue. I regularly ride in a 2017 4runner & a 200 series, while owning a GX. I promise...Different sizes...all 3...no 2 are the same truck

JakeH

Adventurer
Mine is a 2014 with the KDSS. No air shocks or Levinson sound system, but hope to add bags to the back at some point for towing a boat or trailer & maybe she will get a stereo upgrade for her 100k birthday. Suddenly my pics are too large to upload for some reason. I'll have to resize or take some new ones when I get a few minutes.

bravoleader

I'll play, 2006 GX470 Sport (w/ KDSS).

I bought it because a Tacoma or 100 series was too expensive, couldn't find a clean V8 4Runner, and was inspired by Adventure Driven's Lexi.
IMG_1196.jpg

chunko

Observer
Bought mine because I wanted leather (easier to clean up after kids) and the 3rd row seat and couldn't find a comparable 4runner within $3k from this one. Also, you're pretty much guaranteed that they've never been off-road and routinely dealer serviced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

bkg

Explorer
Tried to buy a GX470 for my wife. Couldn’t find one that fit the criteria I laid out for mileage/condition... ended up with a gen5 4Runner.

Can you really tell the difference in size between the 4runner and te GX460? We are thinking of trading in our 2016 4runner on a GX460. The main reason is we have 2 houses in the desert, and the 4runners AC is trash, and who in the hell builds a 3 row vehicle nowadays with the only rear AC vents being in the back of the center console :rolleyes: We are going to look at them tomorrow.

JakeH

Adventurer
Yes, you will absolutely notice the gx460 is bigger. It's a few inches wider a few inches longer with real AC vents in the roof for the back seat. In fact, some like mine have a dedicated rear ac compressor to feed them