Lets talk shovels

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I recall somebody was selling a breakdown shovel like Mikes. But it had two handles. One short D-handle and a regular long one. Maybe it was AT Trailer that marketed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I think you’re referring to the wrong one. That one does look like a snow shovel. The model i am referring looks like the big daddy of the WWII GI folder with an extendable handle.

I've seen that shovel. Crazy expensive . I don't mind spending money but I draw the line at those shovels.

rnArmy

Adventurer
I've just got a regular pointy-nose shovel attached to the front of my trailer with some quick-fists. Got it either from HD or Lowe's - not expensive. If someone were to steal it, I'd just buy another one (they must need one bad if they stole mine). Can't see spending hundreds on a shovel.

Same with this one - I've got a square tipped shovel on my roof-rack (I don't always have the trailer with me), along with a small pointy shovel bolted to the side of my roof rack (arrow points to little shovel in the picture). Generally the big shovels are for recovery, and the small one is for latrines.

Although I do think the murder spork shovels look cool.

arctic prerun.1_LI.jpg

Shovel and boards.2.jpg
Overland Adventure.1 (2).jpg

Last edited:

geojag

I use a spade/sharpshooter. Fits nicely above the wheel well and digs what I need. I could see a round nose being better for sand but I don't deal with that much.IMG_20200531_192030.jpg

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
Im in the market for a new shovel for our RamCruiser. In the past I have used a 30" shovel (pictured) with our Land Cruiser and 99.9% of the time its for pooping or leveling the truck. Thinking because the shovel is for a full size 8000# plus camper vehicle I might want to consider upgrading. Our new RamCruiser is fully locked with offroad oversized tires but with that said everything has limits. Im looking for suggestions and reasons to upgrade.

View attachment 586332
If you get your#8000 camper STUCK you're going to need more than a shovel.

D

Deleted member 9101

Shovel from AM Leonard, probably one of the best on the market.
20200601_105636.jpg

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
I think you’re referring to the wrong one. That one does look like a snow shovel. The model i am referring looks like the big daddy of the WWII GI folder with an extendable handle.

This one?
7B057887-3EA0-4FB7-AFFD-BBC0EE1FEAA3.png

MiamiC70

This one?
View attachment 591996
Absolutely ridiculous paying $200 for a shovel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles