Lets talk security

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
No point in taking it with you. Unless you want to pull the AC relay, light relay, Fuel pump relay, high beam relay, massaging butt seats relay, etc. etc. Just leave it loose in the box.

One of the 1st things I do trouble shooting, is to swap the AC and FP relays.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
where the hell does the other end of the chain go???

c'mon guys, work with me on this one for once!
On humvees it's a cable that disappears under the dash somewhere. Maybe to the firewall. It's less than a quarter inch and could probably be cut by a side cutters fyi. Just enough to prevent practical jokers and the dull from taking the wrong truck. Adapting the chain idea to someone's own truck, maybe the end could be mounted to the seat mount bolt.

Kali

Here is how the modern car thieves work with keyless go systems:

get a steering wheel lock.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Maybe actually making all theft a crime where you do actual time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lchavez

Observer
I’ve been looking at the owlcam.

I use nest products at home and have been waiting for someone to apply this to car security.

Only thing holding me back is our extreme summers in Phoenix. I take out all electronics from my car in the summer. Which would defeat the purpose of the owlcam.

WangosTango

I have one on my truck. Hasn’t been stolen yet. . From everything I’ve read it’s the ONLY one that can’t be defeated.

Thanks, have been looking at them for a while. Not super close to me dealer wise, but could combine a trip I think.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I have one on my truck. Hasn’t been stolen yet. . From everything I’ve read it’s the ONLY one that can’t be defeated.

Thanks, have been looking at them for a while. Not super close to me dealer wise, but could combine a trip I think.

Seriously. I live near Albuquerque. The car theft (And specifically Full Size Truck theft- capital of the world.). Ravelco works. Its worth it man.

beansandrice

I had our van stolen just 4 days ago. We got it back yesterday and just installed a kill switch for the ignition. It's pretty well hidden and I gotta say, I feel a LOT better!

Chorky

Observer
Has anyone here tried Ravelco?

These are interesting looking. I'm going to have to research them more to see what they actually do.

I had our van stolen just 4 days ago. We got it back yesterday and just installed a kill switch for the ignition. It's pretty well hidden and I gotta say, I feel a LOT better!

Yeah just got my truck back and I'm going to wire something into the clutch jumper just as a temporary - it'll at least stop the idiot thieves I suppose.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
RAVELCO has one drawback.

You have to install it. Not your dealer, not your mechanic, not your bro, not your kid sister. You need to know where it terminates, so that YOU can bypass it back to OEM should it fail, or should you need to take it to a dealer.

Since car keys ain't so happy about salt water. I'm tempted to leave my keys in the truck, and unplug the Ravelco before Scuba Diving. It would suck to lose the Ravelco plug, or mess up it's contacts, but at least in an hour I can rewire the truck back to OEM and get it home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles