Lets talk heaters

JCS2179

2 problems with tapping existing fuel lines. 1, you can empty the tank with the heater.2, If it is a diesel you are introducing points of possible air leaks to the fuel system.

I agree.....that's why I built my diesel heater in a box. Portable and stand alone. ?

Attachments

• 6CDH gastanktap3.jpg
    6CDH gastanktap3.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Hot out + exhaust - Copy.jpg
    Hot out + exhaust - Copy.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Wiring Plug.jpg
    Wiring Plug.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 25

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
We have a Webasto Thermotop E diesel powered coolant heater. I would avoid gasoline from safety and availability perspectives. Our vehicle is diesel, so that is always available.
It provides central heating and hot water via a calorifier. It is also connected to the engine so the engine can provide waste heat without running the Webasto.
In reverse, the Webasto can pre-heat the engine in cold conditions, a feature that I would consider essential for you.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Chorky

Observer
Does someone offer a combo gasoline heater/water heater? I have seen this with Truma, but not sure if there is an equivalent version for gasoline - if that's even possible.

I dont think there is one yet. Only a gas air or water heater. Maybe in the future there will be a gas combo? That would be great for providing more options

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94