Let's talk frying pans

goin camping

Explorer
Need a frying pan. Been using cast iron for years but open to new ideas.

Prefer a pan that is no stick but not teflon. I'm ham fisted and use metal utensils.

Edited to add... Easy clean up would be a godsend too.

Let fly with what works for you.

Last edited:

billiebob

I'm a cast iron fan. Takes more fuel maybe but....

So big heavy cast iron, heat it up, throw on anything, the cast iron temperature drops a bit. Light weight teflon coated aluminium, throw on a steak.... it soaks up all the heat in the pan. You wait for the pan plus the steak to heat up. I love hearing the steak... or eggs... or.... cook instantly without delay. I'll always be a fan on cast iron.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I'm a cast iron fan. Takes more fuel maybe but....

So big heavy cast iron, heat it up, throw on anything, the cast iron temperature drops a bit. Light weight teflon coated aluminium, throw on a steak.... it soaks up all the heat in the pan. You wait for the pan plus the steak to heat up. I love hearing the steak... or eggs... or.... cook instantly without delay. I'll always be a fan on cast iron.

Who in the hell throws a steak in an aluminum teflon coated skillet?! You have to bring both man.

Reheating last nights steak and peppers and onions and seasoned rice in a nonstick pan with a couple of eggs cracked in is a super quick meal with cleanup easier than anything. They both have their purposes.

I also carry a set of stainless Magma cookware too. Crazy nice stuff that packs inside itself.

shade

Need a frying pan. Been using cast iron for years but open to new ideas.

Prefer a pan that is no stick but not teflon. I'm ham fisted and use metal utensils.

Edited to add... Easy clean up would be a godsend too.

Let fly with what works for you.
Partner Steel griddle, with oven grade non-stick foil on it.
1/4" aluminum is durable, diffuses heat well, and using foil makes clean up very quick.

billiebob

Who in the hell throws a steak in an aluminum teflon coated skillet?! You have to bring both man.

Reheating last nights steak and peppers and onions and seasoned rice in a nonstick pan with a couple of eggs cracked in is a super quick meal with cleanup easier than anything. They both have their purposes.

I also carry a set of stainless Magma cookware too. Crazy nice stuff that packs inside itself.
you need to read before you react..... guys like you make me want to laugh. only it is too sad. You go boy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles