teotwaki

Excelsior!
Not mine

Note the interesting slide out tables

watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYSKVRAlDQI

Lucky j

Explorer
I think outside magazine need to spend a little more time on this forum and on the tread to get a better idea of all that is out there as exp. trailer! But still, nice looking and if it suite his need, it is a great trailer!

BenHedrick

Adventurer
Here's my 2017 Panther Trailers Overland trailer. Towed by its matching 2014 Rubicon 5.7L HEMI JKU. Sleeps two inside and two "upstairs".

Ben

PS: No laughing and making fun us me camping on the pavement... This was for Jeep Beach. ;)

dsc_0133_med_hr.jpeg

20170430_092528-01_med_hr.jpeg

20170426_130033_med_hr.jpeg

20170426_130058_med_hr.jpeg

xbombtek

Observer
0da09934c3f41031da7bfa489c110e32.jpg

34fd87d1bed6e8aca1bec5d083233a20.jpg

Little M416 based "utility" trailer that does double duty when camping and hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lucky j

Explorer
Any time I need it, it can go from this
image.jpg

To this in about 30 minutes. But I do not keep camping gear in it. So trip setp up can actually be a few hours once I diceded what I want to bring.
image.jpg

And this was just after on of the many storm we had last winter, but I was just moving it in tha yard to clear my parking lot.
image.jpg

Fritzoc

Observer
Sure, not sure how specific you want, but I'll give it a shot. I built both pieces to some extent. With the lid, I built the skeleton and took it to a metal fab shop near me and the bent the metal with a single sheet of steel. They had to order I think a 5x10 sheet of steel to do it in one piece, but I think it was worth it. I THINK it is 14 gauge. the skeleton has a perimeter of 1" square tubes and the ribs are 3/4" sq tube. With the rack, I made sure the guy I ordered my metal from knew I wanted one tube to go inside the other. The hardest part of the rack design is figuring out what to mount it to. I just welded tubing to the front of the frame and then built a bumper to attach the back of the trailer. Rack is lifted via 4 electric actuators, 200 lb, 18" stroke I got off of eBay I think. They were cheaper than a comparable gas strut and I don't really have to worry about getting the weight calculations right on for lifting and lowering. It goes up and down via a switch on the side of the tongue box. Let me know if there is any other information you would like and I'll try answer. I noticed your out of KY, That second picture is actually at Land Between the Lakes.

Thanks great info. Sorry for the late response. Alert wasn't set up properly.

I can finally play in this thread, picked up my Taxa Outdoors Woolly Bear a few weeks ago and have been in a few shakedown runs.

Here it is when picking up at the dealer:
IMG_6535.jpg

First trip to Davis Mountains State Park:
IMG_6597.jpg

I was going to continue adding more pics but it keeps giving me an error so maybe I have a limit on pics or something but just 2 pics would be a lame limit.

sabjku

Observer
Just picked up a trailer from Morris Mule Trailers in Alabama. Perfect option for what I was looking for. Well built, versatile, and extremely reasonable on the pricing. Plus, Morris was actually fantastic to deal with. Couldn't be happier!MM3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles