LETS SEE YOUR TRAILERS!!!!

oaqua

This is mine, or will be, I'll be picking it up at Easter Jeep Safari:
428616_380982441914669_117644758248440_1538400_840831235_n.jpg

Hi JPK,
I have ordered the XTR as well.He hasn't started the build yet.Would it be ok if you and I could communicate a little? I am new on this forum.Could you please send me a PM?
Thanks!

oaqua

Well, I'll join in as well. Sorry for the non-action shots- hope to have some to add this Spring (which seems to have arrived about a month early this year!)

IMG_3659.jpg

D

Great looking trailer Dendy!Was it difficult to get the trailer to america?Is the JK in the photo the 'Sahara Tan' AEV? Customized at AEV?Wow!!
And thanks for getting me on this forum!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
The trailer was brought in by a couple traveling around the World. They traded the trailer and a Defender 110 on a Unimog at Global Expedition Vehicles. I purchased the trailer from them.
This is indeed the AEV Sahara Tan built by AEV.
I see you have an order in for a Moby1. Love that little trailer!!

Welcome by the way!
Thanks
D

Maine07jk

Adventurer
Just finished phase one of my off road trailer build! Next phase begins when $$$ allows!

2012-04-21_11-59-00_250.jpg

This was when it was almost done with my JK
2012-03-31_09-26-14_838.jpg

oaqua

Thanks Dendy.
I watched a program about AEV last year and they do some amazing stuff! Makes me want a Jeep.
Maybe when you have time could you post photos of the interior of the Conqueror? Nice set up!

xjman88

Adventurer
It looks like the Military Airplane museum in Tuscon. We were there like 8 yrs ago when we were stationed out in El Paso, Texas.

dakdoc

Observer
Uni, doesn't it bother you to know that your batteries and fridge are getting covered with dust, water, snow, mud, etc? I'm trying to plumb and wire my trailer now and it's such a pain having the water, power, and fridge inside, but I'm afraid that putting them on the tongue will bother me to know that they're not all protected. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Jon

UNI

Adventurer
Posted By: Dakdoc - Uni, doesn't it bother you to know that your batteries and fridge are getting covered with dust, water, snow, mud, etc? I'm trying to plumb and wire my trailer now and it's such a pain having the water, power, and fridge inside, but I'm afraid that putting them on the tongue will bother me to know that they're not all protected. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Jon,

If you decide to move your frig/freezer to the tongue, I would make sure to get a padded frig cover. The batteries and frig/freezer do get dusty, but its really not that hard to clean them up. The frige cover takes most of the dirt, I take the fridge off when washing the trailer and the cover cleans up nice with a little soap and water. The batteries are washed/hosed off at the same time the trailer is cleaned. You could add battery boxes on the tongue as well.

I added mud flaps to both the back of the Jeep & Trailer, that really seems to help with mud and rocks from flying up on the trailer.

I am looking into a rock guard w/stretched mesh for the front of the trailer. CamperWagon makes an adjustable rock guard, they will also custom size the guard to fit your trailer. I'll probably go the custom route, only because of how our trailer is set up.

Alan

Last edited:

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Rubicon/ Scamp in McCall, Id

This Beautiful Outfit belongs to jeepzilla out of Boise, Idaho

DSCF1067.jpg

DSCF1068.jpg

DSCF1072.jpg

Rubicon.jpg

Tom it was real nice to meet you the other day. I hope we can go wheel'n sometime.

Stop by the N.A.P.A. Store next time your up in McCall.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I built it from the ground up, all 1/8" steel sheet for the tub, 2"x3" 1/8" for the frame, aluminum sheet for the lid and 3500lb axil and spring. Custom 23gal water tank that is gravity fed to a valve so their is running water and an extendible tongue if you need to make it longer for a kayak. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

djblanco, still waiting! Looks like an awesome little trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior