LETS SEE YOUR TRAILERS!!!!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
A work in progress...

69b79452.jpg

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk182/Gman_vimb/M101CDN2 Trailer/

Lid, RTT (Cascadia) and other stuff to come as soon as it stops raining!

JPK

Explorer
Very nice, JPK!

Thanks. It's been a long time coming because it is the first of it's kind built by Moby1 Trailers and there were some difficulties to work through. The issues have been worked out and it's heading home (that would be my home!)

It sits a tad lower than the photos btw, a half a coil was cut off the springs to get the frame height to equal my Jeep's hitch height.

As you see it it is set up to accomodate my family of four, though it could accomodate two couples with a bevy of kids in the changing rooms under the RTT and awning since the Hannibal RTT has an extended under cover entrance with a four sided changing room with a floor under it and the Hannibal awning has a four sided enclosure. The changing room rear walls have doors sewn into them to match the teardrop's doors.

Here's a photo more or less fully deployed:
297116_283897291623185_117644758248440_1218121_808324786_n.jpg

But the set up is "convertible" and the RTT can be removed, along with the changing room, to lighten things up.

Some kitchen details:
PAG_6224.jpg

307612_283897251623189_117644758248440_1218118_1571688982_n.jpg

64185_381048558574724_117644758248440_1539274_1431420704_n.jpg

JPK

Last edited:

JPK

Explorer
happen to have weight on this trailer with all the bells & whistles on it? (loaded/unloaded)

ty

I'll be weighing it when I get it home, in the various configurations from spring and fall camping for two to summer camping for a crew. The range will be pretty large since the gear needed to run A/C is heavy and the gear needed to accomodate a crew or camp where "self contained" heads are required is also heavy.

As it sits in the photo I believe it weighs ~2,400lbs. That weight includes all gear and equipment required for complete deployment for a crew except a 1kw generator (~50lbs,) 10gals gas for a generator or additional water or a combination (~75lbs,) and up to 30gals water (~250lbs,) plus any chairs, tables or linens/sleeping bags for the RRT and groceries and personal kit, like clothes, dop kit. As it sits a head that qualifies as "self contained" with pump out feature is loaded in one of the boxes, propane heater and propane water heater are installed, batteries are installed, full propane tank, pots, pans dishes are loaded, lines and pillows, etc are in the cabin.

Loaded for more basic camping for two, which would not include the generator or fuel, the "self contained" head, the RRT or enclosures the weight should be ~2,000lbs - 2,100lbs before water, groceries or kit.

JPK

Nikson

Explorer
I'll be weighing it when I get it home, in the various configurations from spring and fall camping for two to summer camping for a crew. The range will be pretty large since the gear needed to run A/C is heavy and the gear needed to accomodate a crew or camp where "self contained" heads are required is also heavy.

As it sits in the photo I believe it weighs ~2,400lbs. That weight includes all gear and equipment required for complete deployment for a crew except a 1kw generator (~50lbs,) 10gals gas for a generator or additional water or a combination (~75lbs,) and up to 30gals water (~250lbs,) plus any chairs, tables or linens/sleeping bags for the RRT and groceries and personal kit, like clothes, dop kit. As it sits a head that qualifies as "self contained" with pump out feature is loaded in one of the boxes, propane heater and propane water heater are installed, batteries are installed, full propane tank, pots, pans dishes are loaded, lines and pillows, etc are in the cabin.

Loaded for more basic camping for two, which would not include the generator or fuel, the "self contained" head, the RRT or enclosures the weight should be ~2,000lbs - 2,100lbs before water, groceries or kit.

JPK

Thanks...

Seems that "for 2" options will run pretty much around 2000-2500lbs anyway you put it...

as everyone, I guess just trying to see how it would be possible to keep the weight as low as possible...

JPK

Explorer
I'm curious about how significant the extra ~500lbs or so between light for two and set up for a crew will end up being. Tow vehicle power isn't an issue, my JKU has a Hemi, but that is only part of the equation.

The A/T Teardrop has a spec'd dry weight of 1,498lbs with wheels and tires (not specified,) 45l fridge, awning, roof rack, battery (not spec'd,) battery charger, stove, kitchen, fuel cans and rack, coupler. So the spec'd weight is about 500lbs, maybe 600lbs, less than my trailer similarly set up - meaning as it sits minus the RTT with it's enclosure, the awning enclosure and the head. But that 500 - 600lbs consists of weight differences between the 37" tires and wheels on mine and what AT weighed theirs with, the 60l fridge vs. the 45l fridge, and what's on mine in the photo that is not loaded on the AT, which includes propane tank and propane, pots, pans and dishes, a second battery and both are Grp 31's, solar panels and controler, propane heater, propane water heater, linnens, pillows, etc and a nose box.

EDIT: Looking at AT's website, and the spec'd weight, the water tank and mount, pump, shower, etc, are not included in the weight given. Neither are electric brakes or rear stabilzers or the water heater. When you add the missing items (and don't account for the difference comprised of a 20lb propane tanks vs. a 5lb or 10lb, 45l vs. 60l fridge, water tanks size, second batttery, awning size and quality, but do account for wheels and tires to match the tow vehicle) the weight difference between the two trailers shrinks to 200 - 300lbs pounds. That makes sense since this trailer is 6" wider and the bed is 4" longer, and considering the large capacities, etc. So, with tires and wheels to match the tow vehicle, similarly loaded with kit and groceries, similar water load, there is a 10% - 15% weight difference between the AT and my trailer.

JPK

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles