Let's see your LJ's!

Johnrunberg

Adventurer
2005 Rubi

JeepLJ.jpg

We got 10" of powder down at the beach and the Jeep and I just had to go out and play. Surf check!

She's a Rubicon, stock engine, Clayton long arms w/ (I think) 5" lift, Currie steering, etc.

WAY more than is needed down here on the coast, but she's gotten some exercise here and there. Sadly I think it'll be time soon to pass her along to new owners (so I can concentrate on my Westfalia restoration).

Lacy Hershey

Adventurer
04 Solar Yellow LJ bone stock. Sold my '12 JKUR to get this to hit the trails in and not feel so bad when it gets scratched. Haven't been able to pick out a lift kit yet. So many choices....

1560568_10100194410362398_1713740206_n.jpg

edit: now has hardtop. much better than that wore out soft top

1796676_10100208440226438_1292953993_n.jpg

Last edited:

Sprkplg08

Figured my first post on this forum would be of my LJ
2006 rubicon
4" currie lift
1.25" bl
AEV high line kit
Banks turbocharged 4.0L
6 spd man trans.
37" bfg's
Plus lots more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 98

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I want to know more about this banks tubocharger????????
Please start a new thread so we can see pics, talk about install, pros/cons....etc. If you have already done this here on expo or some other forum, PLEASE point me in the right direction.

Figured my first post on this forum would be of my LJ
2006 rubicon
4" currie lift
1.25" bl
AEV high line kit
Banks turbocharged 4.0L
6 spd man trans.
37" bfg's
Plus lots more

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I saw that on Banks. Looks quite impressive. Now i need to hear more from a customer. A quick google gave me tons of threads on Jeepforum.com and Wranglerforum.com...etc. Looks like this add on has tons of potential. I love the fact that it is only 6psi. I am not looking to max out my engine, but give just that little extra for the 11,000' + elevation highway driving I do.

Sprkplg08

I saw that on Banks. Looks quite impressive. Now i need to hear more from a customer. A quick google gave me tons of threads on Jeepforum.com and Wranglerforum.com...etc. Looks like this add on has tons of potential. I love the fact that it is only 6psi. I am not looking to max out my engine, but give just that little extra for the 11,000' + elevation highway driving I do.

im not really a customer, I worked at Banks for 15 years. While I was there this kit was in development and my jeep was used in final testing of the system. The turbo kit is hands down the best upgrade ive done to my jeep. Im currently running 37" bfg's with factory 4:11 gearing and it runs better/ pulls stronger than it did with stock tires.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Are you running it with the new intercooler system as well? Did you do anything extra from what comes in the base kit?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
That kit is calling my name. I'm wondering if it will get me better mileage?? $3000 seems a bit steep but if it does what it says it could be worth it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles