Let's see your LJ's!

1stDeuce

Explorer
Ooooh, I'm not normally one for asthetics, but I really like the black upper door vinyl on Mako's Jeep!! I might have to do that to mine too! Speaking of mine, I should post some pictures in this thread... :)

My Jeep was bought in pieces and built...
Two frames welded together at 10"+10".
'04.5 Unlimited body stretched 5" in the back (Wanted a Scrambler TJ when I started this project in about 2002)
Swingate replaced with CJ Tailgate
'99ish Interior
'98ish Electrical
~1.5" suspension lift: V8ZJ front springs w/extra insulator, Nth Degree Relocators on the rear with LJ rear coils.
3/4" body lift
1" MML
Nth Tummy Tucker center skidplate
Rubicon D44 Rear, Dana30 front with True Trac
285 Cooper STT's on Weld Racing 16x8's painted metallic black
Stock 4.0L patiently waiting for me to put a 258 crank in it for a poor man's 4.5L stroker

P7171026.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

Plow_zps1659f088.jpg

And on the way home with it last week after having an unlimited top stretched to cover the 5" of extra body length!
JeepTop_zps60ea9249.jpg

Chris

Last edited:

Silvanus

Observer
007.jpg

Here's Silvanus,

Factory with 4.88 r&p's, 2.5 coil lift, t-tuck, D30 Aussie, D44 P-trax lockers, 33-10.5-15 KM2's, '95 Ramsey Pro 8000, assorted recovery gear & craftsman tools.

owned a YJ as a DD for 14 yrs. owned this for 7, The TJ-L is by far the better of the two!

1stDeuce

Explorer
This is Great!! Looking through these pictures gives me all sorts of ideas... I'm so painting my wheels RED!!! Silvanus, that LJ looks AWESOME!! I like the utility look! I just wish someone other than BFG made a good 33x10.50...
C

Silvanus

Observer
This is Great!! Looking through these pictures gives me all sorts of ideas... I'm so painting my wheels RED!!! Silvanus, that LJ looks AWESOME!! I like the utility look! I just wish someone other than BFG made a good 33x10.50...
C

Thanks Deuce,
Those wheels came off an 90 Sahara from the boneyard, There's millions of them for short cash. friend blasted & POR 15, then painted them.
General Grabbers MT's now come in an 33-10.50-15 ( 33" OD ), check the Tire Rack for the specs.

I'm sure there will be a retro sizing in the near future, the forums are a buzz as to why tire companies don't make a proper 32-33 narrow track tire.

I'm also am gassed to see all the TJ-L's here on on this thread, keep them coming, Bellisimo!!!

Carlo

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Wow, can't believe I missed this thread. There are some great looking LJ's and I will add that I agree with everyone on it being the perfect sized platform for a lot of different terrain.

Here is mine on a little trail ride this last weekend. 2"BB lift with 33/1050 BFG AT's

Here is 24hoursofnevada's and another friends on the same trip.

24's is a TeraFlex 3" on 265's and the silver one is on a RE5.5 LA and 35's.

Jack

mike3081

My 05 LJ Rubi... at the beginning of my 2 week trip thru CO and UT.

img0858me.jpg

One of the passes in CO.

dsc0502c.jpg

dsc0427wx.jpg

Hurricane pass. A very accurate name for the pass when we were up there.
dsc0545pp.jpg

Nth degree lift/full tuck/armor. Hanson bumpers front and rear (looking to upgrade the rear). Warn 9.5 with synthetic line. Mamba rims. Shrock works rails, dual odyssey batteries. OME etc etc. I'm sure Im forgetting some stuff.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Locrwln posted pics of my current 2006 LJ Rubicon on the previous page. Here is my first LJ (2004) on the Rubicon. When I sold the yellow one, I looked at my wife and said I'd own another one, one day and that it would be orange. I guess I was right.

100_0587.jpg

100_0590.jpg

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
sidebar

Lots of sweet LJs here... me likey! ;)
To side bar for a second I'd say that the long TJ is the last Jeep I could see myself buying new. While the JKs are very popular and capable in their own rites, I personally find them just to big. The TJ based LJ, as mentioned, does favor the CJ-6 more so than even my Scrambler given the departure angle and such. It is just the "Return of the King" in the trilogy of longer Jeeps! All have their short comings and advantages and rate high on the cool factor and I'll happily have one of each please. :) My CJ8 does fine as it is and I tend to lean more towards the spartan style of function over form. The TJ/LJ was hard for me to accept due to the huge increase of plastics used. But since the heat and AC actually function I have to say that helped them really grow on me! Now if only Jeep/Feep could see a way to create a prequel of these...like say a small ATV ish modern MB/M38 in long form.... How cool would that be to buy new off the showroom floor? ;)

Attachments

• longMB.jpg
    longMB.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,191

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke