Let's see your LJ's!

tweenerlj

Adventurer
1539465466.53834800.jpg

Maloppa

Observer
Bluejeep, what suspension are you running with "35" Coopers, Nth degree diff skids and tummy tuck"? I've used the Nth degree tummy tuck before and really like it. I'm about to put a RE 5inch long arm under my LJ, but see Nth degree has a long arm as well. Any thoughts?

bluejeep

just a guy
The lift was there when I bought the LJ July 2017, but I believe it is around a 3", I added the wide flares to clear rubbing when flexed while turning, and I added Nth's rear spring relocators, which raised the backend a bit, made a nicer stance actually. Yes I have the Nth belly pan and oil pan skid and rear stinger torque bar with diff slider. Always liked their products (except their sway bar links). If you can get any of their products I think they will serve you well. Know-Where - 2 - Jeep used to handle the 'long defunct' Nth product line but I heard rumors of KW2J not being around any longer. I know I tried for a long time to get the Slider for the front Dana 44 but no luck, they have stopped communicating. Glad I had the bellyup and oil pan and rear Slider tho, each had new scraps on them after the Rubicon run. In fact I checked underneath the other day and the rear Slider saved a huge impact on the u-joint connection in the rear driveline at the diff connection! As far as the long arm concept, I have never been a fan, but then again I've never ridden in a Jeep with a long arm. I see too many videos where the long arm is dragging over the rock ledges. I do think the Nth design addresses the clearance issue tho with a bent design.. I am sure there are many on the board (or other boards) that have more knowledgeable input on the matter. Only resource I know of now is American Expedition Vehicle's used parts forum. Good luck!

bluejeep

just a guy
Bluejeep, what suspension are you running with "35" Coopers, Nth degree diff skids and tummy tuck"? I've used the Nth degree tummy tuck before and really like it. I'm about to put a RE 5inch long arm under my LJ, but see Nth degree has a long arm as well. Any thoughts?
Sorry, I responded to your question but with someone else's quote - dang technology!

Fly fisherman

After my wife took my jku away from me, I found a nice 2004 one owner LJ. Now she wants to give it back so she can get a new Outback. She doesn’t trust the Jeep. Had to replace the left head. It’s a 2012. They all have bad head on drivers side. Good they gave everyone a 10 year, 150000 miles warranty. I’ll keep the LJ.

Attachments

• 0F28F28B-7B73-402D-A869-283E065574DE.jpeg
    0F28F28B-7B73-402D-A869-283E065574DE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
  • 25DDF312-2087-45D1-92AE-06FFFB6F0A93.jpeg
    25DDF312-2087-45D1-92AE-06FFFB6F0A93.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50

LJRubiReal

TheRealDeal124
Here's my 2006 LJ Rubicon, currently has 71k on the clock with 35s and a bunch of other mods that I added. Went to Missouri this year for an overlanding trip! Might sell her soon though :sadface:

Attachments

• received_10209702191191978.jpeg
    received_10209702191191978.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 61
  • FB_IMG_1503265676368.jpg
    FB_IMG_1503265676368.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 61

Lucky j

Explorer
If you are sad, why sell.

She is probably cheaper to keep than anything else you will replace her with!

Here's my 2006 LJ Rubicon, currently has 71k on the clock with 35s and a bunch of other mods that I added. Went to Missouri this year for an overlanding trip! Might sell her soon though :sadface:

pittsburgh

tacocat
Wasn’t sure if I should start a new build thread or post my ideas here? I’ve been trying to decide on what to do with my LJ.

It’s a 2005 unlimited sport. It is very basic, the only options, are a/c, automatic transmission, and a hardtop. The only upgrades I have are hella lights and an OME set up from DPG off-road.

Leaning towards a modest build 32/33 tires, gears, little armor, maybe some drive line upgrades.

Should I post my plans here? Since I want the input of LJ owners or start a build thread of my own?

Lucky j

Explorer
A full built tread could be a little much here, but asking question with a few pics should be fine. But you could also share your new link here.

As for your built, there is no modest built, cause a built should always anwer our needs, and unsless you are planing a rock crawler, an expo rig built can stay modest, since what you need is reliability and fuel efficiancy. Something that is hard to get with an overbuilt vehicule.

My tought anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles