Let's See Your Isuzu!

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Hmmm, hard to see how the approach angle could be better - assuming you want to put a winch on it. Without needed to provide a spot for a winch the angle could definitely be made better.

Hatfield

Observer
Thanks! Yeah I plan on buying a winch before that rebate runs out on the Warn's at New Year's. You could tuck it up under the grill close to the radiator, that would make for a little better approach angle. I do like it a lot, just being picky

Finished2ndGenTrooper012.jpg

Finished2ndGenTrooper007.jpg

Last edited:

sniderexciderr

Observer
i have great respect for old troopers. i used to work with a guy doing land development that drove one and we really put that thing to the test daily. it finally bit the dust when we jumped it off a dirt mound we built. may have been 1.5-2 meters high.

haynesdad

Observer
. Been toying with the idea of selling it and getting a JoeD bumper.

I might be able to help you with the selling part of this idea. I've been looking for a front bumper for a while. Mine is held together with NASCAR duct tape and covered with a bra.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Thanks! It is clean, especially considering it's 20 years old. It has just 148k miles, v6, 5 speed, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers front/rear, Full OME suspension, completely rebuilt front/rear axles including upgraded brakes (factory 4 wheel disk), Warn m8000 w/ wireless controls, lots of body protection & skids and a bunch of other stuff. :)

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
Nice Truck! Did you make/fab the exo yourself? I gotta find another truck like that, I had a spacecab and would LOVE to have another one!

montypower

Adventure Time!
Thanks! It was built buy a local fabricator "Revenge Fab". I may be selling the truck... So drop me a message if you want more details.

looper

Finished2ndGenTrooper012.jpg

Is there a write up about this vehicle somewhere? I've got a blue '94 S that I'd like to build up to something close to this.

nasolovesyou

Some nice vehicles in this thread, but I feel like it could use one more :victory:

My brand new, 1997 Rodeo!! $4200, with only 72k miles. I feel like I have become part of a wonderful club with this truck.

So far, it is bone stock, with the exception of an aftermarket tow package fitted, but I have some hefty plans. This is the first car I'm going to get a chance to work on myself, so I'm going to go slowly so I can do most of the work, or at least work with a mechanic once I build up a nice relationship with one. For now, there are a few things that have to be fixed before I can even think about modding it:

-After sitting for about half a day, the next start-up is a bit sketchy, but it has yet to need more than one key-turn.
-The first couple shifts are very lurchy, until the car gets warmed up. I've been in an older Isuzu before with this same problem, and am wondering if it is a common thing, a big deal, etc. ?? What's up with this?
-The only interior lights that work (including dash) are the lights on the doors that come on when the doors are open, and the rear dome light. Unfortunately, these door lights are the only ones I want not to work!
-The driver's door window control panel only controls the driver's window. All the other windows work from their respective controls, but this board only controls the one window.
-The power mirrors don't work, but they are locked into a good place for me.
-The rear windshield wiper doesn't work

All in all, not too bad for a 15 year old car, and I consider it a steal given the fact that I got it at a dealership, and with such low mileage.

Some of these things I would like to do myself, like the electrical problems. I'm pretty sure they are just missing fuses in the fuse box, but I haven't received the service manual that I ordered yet, so I'm not sure. Not too big of a deal. I'm hooking up a little lamp in the dash area so I can read my gauges at night, for now. The bigger issues, I'm going to get looked at by my mechanic. Eventually, I would like to be doing all the work on my car, but seeing as I am an absolute noob, and simply an enthusiast, that is unrealistic right now if I want the car on the road.

Here are some pictures:

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

Last edited:

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Electrical problems can be a PITA, but here is a though - are your tail lights working? Not sure about Rodeos, but on Troopers the dash lights are controlled by the "Tail Light" fuse for some reason. And if so, often a bad trailer light converter is to blame.

Suggest you drop in to the Planet Isuzoo forum, you'll get lots of help there.

nasolovesyou

Yea, I actually found this site through planetisuzoo :)

My tail lights are working, so it can't be that. I guess it's either a separate fuse on Rodeos, or the in-dash bulbs are out. Praying it's a different fuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior