Let's See Your Isuzu!

Ala5ka

VX'er
I did a quick search and couldn't find a thread like this.

Post up a picture of your Isuzu in action, being wrenched on, or sleeping in your driveway.
Not that it's super important but it'd be nice to see what all of those Zu heads have done to their ExPo trucks.

Like the poet Emma Lazarus wrote and was posted at the Statue of Liberty National Monument "Give me your Troopers, your Rodeos, your huddled Amigos yearning to breathe free, the scarce phenomenon of your uncommon VehiCROSSes" or something like that, give or take a few concepts.

Have fun with this one :)

double moo

Adventurer
moab135.jpg

moab130.jpg

Swifts009.jpg

double moo

Adventurer
OMEs and SwayAway TBs totally changed the truck. Should have come with them stock. I wish I would have changed them when I bought the truck new in '93.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
This is my latest Trooper at purchase a few months ago. I haven't done much to it yet, mostly just swapped in OME929 coils and 1" spacers for the 912s and 2" spacers it came with.

IMGP0626.jpg

IMGP0625.jpg

I will be adding 5.38 gears and ARB lockers front and rear, 35" tires, Warn M8000 winch, and other various details over the next few months, whenever I feel like working in a unheated garage here in Minnesota.

Ala5ka

VX'er
Well you guys all know the VehiCROSS by now :) quite possibly the happiest of all of the performance utility vehicles!

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

To come: sliders, skid plates, OME 912 springs, figure out a not totally ridiculous front lower bumper. Other than that it's quite capable

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I like the VX except for two things: 1) Not enough headroom for me, and 2) It's a PITA to carry an oversize spare tire.

Ala5ka

VX'er
for me the problems are as follows:
No rear window practically
no cup holder
headroom
too much plastic
PCV gets dirty quickly
no aftermarket options practically
no transmission fluid fill port
other than that it's a great rig

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
for me the problems are as follows:
No rear window practically
no cup holder
headroom
too much plastic
PCV gets dirty quickly
no aftermarket options practically
no transmission fluid fill port
other than that it's a great rig

Meh, rear windows are overrated. That's what mirrors are for. Try driving a school bus for a while and you'll see what I mean.

There is a tranny fill port...unless you mean dipstick, which there isn't.

Ala5ka

VX'er
I have a class A I know how to use my mirrors :) There is no tranny dipstick, the "fill level hole" is underneath and must be filled with a pump or I use a funnel and tube, and then you just have to guess when it's full or overfill it. The rear window wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the Amigo side windows which also creates massive blind spots. If it was a big rig I'd be happy with it, but it's a tiny astronaut car soooo. Hahahaha

jeepj667

Observer
PA290124.JPG

Just put on 255/85/16 Trxus MT's this weekend. :victory:

EDIT: Found a pic my wife took while me and my son were putting the tires on this weekend.

DSC_0051.JPG

Last edited:

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
There is no tranny dipstick, the "fill level hole" is underneath and must be filled with a pump or I use a funnel and tube, and then you just have to guess when it's full or overfill it.

Yep it's a PITA, that's why I always had Jiffy Lube check it for me, back when I had an auto Trooper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz