Lets see your full size Chevy!!!

ibelonginprison

Nice to see another 2 door in here!
1994 2 door full size Blazer.

It’s not exactly “expedition worthy” by most of these guys standards, but I can get through most trails. Usually all I do is a couple days camping, ORV parks, or go off in the sticks down some long trails with friends and watch them do dumb ********. I got tired of not being able to see when we were night riding and they would want to play in a mud hole, hence all the lights. Yes, they’re overkill. No, I don’t care.

Mods are light, 35x12.50 Goodyear MT/R’s on some fat offset 15x10 wheels, Skyjacker 2.5” lift (a-arms and diff bracket, and additional leaf), old school warn front bumper, Surco roof rack, 6 spots up top and 4 across the bumper. Mostly I just use two lights up top and two on the bumper when I’m on the trail, but I’ll use all 6 or 10 if I’m lighting up an obstacle or mud hole for someone else to go play in or if someone breaks down and we’re fixing it. In the process of doing a Hi-Lift jack mount, and a planning the twin battery setup on an isolator at the moment. Currently I’m running a large single AGM battery, which so far has worked great. But when I add a winch in a month I’m going to want some more.

Anyway, it’s nothing special. But it’s a fun little toy. I’ve done the whole “back and forth” about an SAS, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. For what I’ve done in the last 2 years with it, I could honestly get away with adding a rear locker, a winch, and keeping the tires fresh. Besides - I’d rather go 10 miles off into the middle of nowhere and watch everyone else try the hard stuff and then pull them out when they get stuck… which is what I do anyway. Lol

image_zps71adf2fb.jpg

image_zps2ffac9d5.jpg

image_zpsd549549e.jpg

image_zpsad2f08a6.jpg

image_zpsb914dcb1.jpg

image_zpscca3b5e0.jpg

image_zps1f4a9f05.jpg

image_zpsc8a3df26.jpg

Last edited:

ibelonginprison

Thanks!
I've been doing a lot of misc. maintenance stuff in the past month or two.
Replaced the rear axle shaft, seal and bearing on the drivers side. Rear brakes. Bought new idler/pitman arms and tie rod ends. Added the AGM battery. Replacing the AC compressor, (already replaced all the o-rings, expansion valve etc.), have to replace the 4wd actuator on the front diff. tonight before we take it out and play.

You know, all that little stuff that eats away at your trail time and mod funds.

Plus I'm currently also building a motor for my "daily driver" right now (supercharged G35 coupe), just put a new roof on my house and now replacing some HVAC stuff on the upstairs unit. So.... doesn't look like I'll be doing an SAS anytime soon, regardless. ha

arveetek

Adventurer
Nice to see another 2 door in here!
1994 2 door full size Blazer.

It's not exactly “expedition worthy” by most of these guys standards, but I can get through most trails. Usually all I do is a couple days camping, ORV parks, or go off in the sticks down some long trails with friends and watch them do dumb ********. I got tired of not being able to see when we were night riding and they would want to play in a mud hole, hence all the lights. Yes, they're overkill. No, I don't care.

Mods are light, 35x12.50 Goodyear MT/R's on some fat offset 15x10 wheels, Skyjacker 2.5” lift (a-arms and diff bracket, and additional leaf), old school warn front bumper, Surco roof rack, 6 spots up top and 4 across the bumper. Mostly I just use two lights up top and two on the bumper when I'm on the trail, but I'll use all 6 or 10 if I'm lighting up an obstacle or mud hole for someone else to go play in or if someone breaks down and we're fixing it. In the process of doing a Hi-Lift jack mount, and a planning the twin battery setup on an isolator at the moment. Currently I'm running a large single AGM battery, which so far has worked great. But when I add a winch in a month I'm going to want some more.

Anyway, it's nothing special. But it's a fun little toy. I've done the whole “back and forth” about an SAS, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. For what I've done in the last 2 years with it, I could honestly get away with adding a rear locker, a winch, and keeping the tires fresh. Besides - I'd rather go 10 miles off into the middle of nowhere and watch everyone else try the hard stuff and then pull them out when they get stuck… which is what I do anyway. Lol

image_zps71adf2fb.jpg

Sweet! Love the pictures. Love the two doors! ;)

Casey

02TahoeMD

Explorer
I am kinda late to the game, here are a few of my 2002 Tahoe.
Outer Banks NC
fdb6a87a.jpg

Greenridge State Forest MD

IMG_0360.jpg

Flagpole Knob, George Washington National Forest, Virginia

IMG_5295.jpg

Grand Canyon North Rim, Arizona
TripWest2009222.jpg

Just a few of my favorite pics from about 4 years worth of wandering about the country when my schedule permits.

bowstryder

Observer
ResizedImage_1365790539602.jpg
Not a great cell phone pic. 1990 v1500 6/7inch lift on 33's. Built 700r4 and 300hp crate engine. Still very much under construction.

Might as well show my daily driver.

05 duramax.
New England Truck design flat bed
Rigid Industries lights on back rack & under bed rear corners
Little custom dash switch panel

Going to be adding the cognito leveling kit with bilstiens as the stock suspension is getting tired

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC01845.JPG
    DSC01845.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC01844.JPG
    DSC01844.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 33

bowstryder

Observer
Thanks chilliwak. I lurk a lot to get different ideas and such but don't feel as though I have enough to really show anything off yet. I bought it sep of last year and started upgrading immediately but another deployment came up soon there after so it's slow going till I get home. However, my wife is taking it to my body man in a week or two to get (basically restored) the full deal. I have been told I have a parts pile that grows by the day but until I get home.........

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
I am kinda late to the game...

Grand Canyon North Rim, Arizona
TripWest2009222.jpg

Not really, we are just getting started, and a truck like yours belongs here no matter what. Your build thread has inspired many :bowdown:

I love that shot too btw

TechNoir

Observer
my 01 z71 ,mostly stock, 2'' keys , 1.5'' rear alum spring spacers, k&n tube and drop in filter, magnaflow muffler,285/70/17s on denali wheels, 230K miles ...

253517_516652458392644_272506493_n.jpg

locrwln

Expedition Leader
my 01 z71 ,mostly stock, 2'' keys , 1.5'' rear alum spring spacers, k&n tube and drop in filter, magnaflow muffler,285/70/17s on denali wheels, 230K miles ...

Have you owned it the whole 230k? If so, what if anything have you had go wrong or need replacing. I always like to hear high mileage stories. My MIL's Tahoe has about 175k and it hasn't needed anything other than basic maintenence. I talked to a guy that had over 300k on his and I think he mentioned a water pump and alternator.

By the way, nice looking 'Burb.

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94