Lets see your "CONVERTED" overland bikes.

lonestrom

Adventurer
I built this for my wife to ride to Alaska and the North Slope.1994 GS500 Suzuki.
quhazybu.jpg

eheje7a5.jpg

7ega2y8u.jpg

uqu7u8eq.jpg

ene8yqeq.jpg

pyrujyry.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
That looks great, Ive been looking for something similar, low budget bike to take exploring and to just get back out on a bike. What size are those tires? Any clearance issues with them?

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Awesome.

That little Zuke was probably real sure footed on all the dirt and gravel with that tire combo.

I never converted anything. I just rode them where ever I wanted.

My little 700s took me down plenty of dirt roads. So did my friends GPZ1100..

lonestrom

Adventurer
That looks great, Ive been looking for something similar, low budget bike to take exploring and to just get back out on a bike. What size are those tires? Any clearance issues with them?

The front is a 120/70-17
Rear is a 140/80-17
Both fit,but VERY close!!!.
Beware that any bike going up the Dalton will never be the same!!.You will be finding Dalton Dirt for years to come.
amegu9en.jpg

e6u9yneq.jpg

e8aqavag.jpg

This is one of many car washes we visted.I had to do some repairs on the GS so we washed her ( Dora the purple explora ) so I could fix her.
4a9uzegu.jpg

Last edited:

NH Moto Expo

Adventurer
Awesome.

That little Zuke was probably real sure footed on all the dirt and gravel with that tire combo.

I never converted anything. I just rode them where ever I wanted.

My little 700s took me down plenty of dirt roads. So did my friends GPZ1100..

I remember trail riding my NightHawk S. Best bike I ever had, nobody told me that you needed a special bike and tires to offroad with...so I just rode the bike I had down any trail or gravel road there was. Guess that's kind of been my theme. I ride whatever bike I have at the time. I road my first century on a Mt Bike because nobody told me you needed skinny tires to ride a century.

D

Deleted member 9101

I have often thought about getting an older SV 650 and putting better tires and suspension on it just to use on dirt roads.

D

Deleted member 9101

There has been several built over on ADVrider,they are pretty cool.

I know, that's where I keep seeing them and it makes me want to build one. Fortunately for my wallet I live in the middle of Orlando and have no place to really ride one...lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles