Lets see some "set up" Regular Camper shells

College Kid

Adventurer
TrvlnWest

do you have some more shots of that screen door? Is it custom? How does it attach? I really like the idea of having a door like that but leaving the tailgate area free for boots etc.

screen door.jpg

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I did my own out of an old tent. Velcros in pretty quick. Had it for about 3 years. It was my first sewing job so it's not perfect but it works.
avatuhup.jpg

Doc Foster

Adventurer
Here are a few shots of the interior of the camper I have put together. I have a bed with storage boxes underneath for cooking gear, groceries, spares and such.

The canopy you see rolls up and attaches to the roof rack when I am traveling.

On each side, just inside the tailgate, there are shelves for four 5 gallon water containers. Underneath the water on the left is a bucket style porta can. On the right there is a trash can.

On each side of the mattress there is storage. On the left is a place to strap in back packs, and next to that going forward, is a marine style propane heater.

On the right is a fold down shelf you can use to fix a quick meal on if it is freezing cold outside. Behind that shelf, is a place to store folding chairs and a roll a table.

On top of the camper is a 140 watt Kyocera solar panel and a rocket box which holds the canvas sides for the canopy.

There is a Fantastic fan over the bed.

You can see the canvas door that rolls up in one of the pictures. It has a screen in it for summer. There is another screen window at the opposite end of the bed that works with the window that opens to the cab.

Up front, behind the passenger seat I have an ARB fridge, which runs off the solar panel via a deep cycle battery I installed under the hood.

Many thanks to all who have contributed to this thread for the great ideas you have shared.

Very nice setup!

TrvlnWest

TrvlnWest

do you have some more shots of that screen door? Is it custom? How does it attach? I really like the idea of having a door like that but leaving the tailgate area free for boots etc.

View attachment 212403

Hey College Kid...

I had the door made by Fiji Mike, my local canvas pro here in Seattle. It has snaps on it so you can snap it in or take it out quickly.

I like to use that space between the bunk and the tailgate for boots also. I have coat hooks on each side so you can hang up wet coats and let them drip on the pickup bed and keep the bunk clean and dry.

I will try to get some other shots of this and post them so you can see how it is made.

TrvlnWest

Doc Foster...

Thanks for the compliments Doc. I enjoyed putting it together and it has been a lot of fun camping in it.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Sorry for the photo of a photo. This was pre-digital camera, the fall after Desert Storm. I lived in my truck for a year of college. Platform on the right, storage under, cabinets and a closet on the other. Boot replacing the cab/shell windows so I could crawl through. Built in my folks driveway. Worked very well. I wanted the same set up now... but I'm older and need to be able to sit up straight, so no platform this time.

I still use the same Coleman stove...

TrvlnWest

TrvlnWest

View attachment 212403

Here are a few more photos that show how the screen door is made. It snaps to the truck bed and the camper. The screen in the center has a curtain that rolls up and a quilt that covers the whole business for insulation. The quilt is attached with Velcro.

Attachments

• DSCF9455.jpg
    DSCF9455.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF9456.jpg
    DSCF9456.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCF9465.jpg
    DSCF9465.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCF9467.jpg
    DSCF9467.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCF9474.jpg
    DSCF9474.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 220
Here are a few more photos that show how the screen door is made. It snaps to the truck bed and the camper. The screen in the center has a curtain that rolls up and a quilt that covers the whole business for insulation. The quilt is attached with Velcro.

I need something like this :ylsmoke:

College Kid

Adventurer
Thanks for the pictures. It looks great!!!!!

Especially that shot from the inside. That cabinetry is amazing, looks sort of like a sailboat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cruiser812

Observer
I put a Tee in the main tank fill line and ran a 1/2" line w/ electric valve, Pump and filter from the Aux tank to it.
I also added a level sender to the Aux tank and put a second fuel guage in the A pillar grab handle from a SRT10 pickup.
I used a Jeep TJ Fill grommet and YJ Fill Neck Mounted in the DS of the canopy to fill and vent the tank ouside of the Canopy.

Who is the manufacturer of the roof rack you are using. I would like to add one onto my mega cab and really like the looks and build quality of yours.

Quasimoto

Observer
Who is the manufacturer of the roof rack you are using. I would like to add one onto my mega cab and really like the looks and build quality of yours.

It is made by Kargo Master. The short box one like mine, should fit the lines of your megacab good, because I shortened the front overhang to match my quad cab.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles