Lets see some full size pictures...

Overland Ram

Just finished an 11-day trip with my wife and 2 kids that started on the Olympic Peninsula in WA state and passed through parts of Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and skirted the border of New Mexico and Colorado. The wife and kids convinced me to adopt a dog in Monument Valley (to add to the 3 at home:unsure:). Here’s a few pictures.

The Grand Canyon
View attachment 716047

Monument Valley
View attachment 716048
View attachment 716055

The parking lot at the Four Corners monument.
View attachment 716049

Shafer Trail in Canyonlands National Park
View attachment 716050
View attachment 716051

Arches National Park (peek-a-boo view of Delicate Arch in the background)
View attachment 716052

Bonneville Salt Flats. The sign said not to drive on them if they are wet and there were some puddles. Other people ignored the signs, I was not one of them. We walked instead.
View attachment 716053

View attachment 716054
Are you running 35” tires on your set up? How much articulation do you lose, if any, with that set up? I have a ram 1500 of my own and have 33” but contemplating my next set of tires to be 35”. Love your set up by the way…. Especially when it’s a Ram!

Wrek

I’m lost
Are you running 35” tires on your set up? How much articulation do you lose, if any, with that set up? I have a ram 1500 of my own and have 33” but contemplating my next set of tires to be 35”. Love your set up by the way…. Especially when it’s a Ram!

Thanks! Yes, the tires are 35"x12.5". I first put the tires on at the height of Covid, when it seemed like all suspension was backordered. I ended up just doing a spacer lift up front so that I could fit the tires. 35's will not fit without a small lift up front (level). I mostly stick to unpaved forest roads and don't do any rock crawling in the truck. I haven't had any uptravel clearance issues, but do get significant rubbing on the rear of the wheel well at full lock. IF I keep the truck (may trade it in to get my wife a hybrid and I'll take our 5th gen 4runner), I will eventually do a 2-3" lift with a focus on added downtravel.

Ryan_Crist

When I started having issues with my 2010 Silverado, I decided to trade up to the new 2019 Trail Boss. Reliable on my daily two-hour commute and spacious enough for the whole family during road trips. I’ve had the truck for a little over 2 years now and I’m glad the new Silverado’s are larger than the 2010 that I had, and I’m getting better mpg’s even with the added equipment.

View attachment 702610

Update. Sold the iKamper and bought a GoFastCamper to help with snow/salt getting into the bed. Much more useable space year round.
The Leitner Designs rack is for sale in expedition equipment if anyone in the Michigan area is interested.

Attachments

• A167C0ED-29E3-47BB-960E-1F232EBD6098.jpeg
    A167C0ED-29E3-47BB-960E-1F232EBD6098.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 56

dave1014

Adventurer
@dfinn Dope GFC raptor setup, I wish I had the guts to pull the trigger on that.

I've had my 15' f-150 platinum for a few years and I'm just now getting it ready for doing something more then hauling bikes to/from the trailhead. My wife and I will be dipping our toes in some light overlanding and off grid excursions starting this summer/fall. Right now, it's nothing more then a mall crawler, but we'll be getting it out for some fun soon enough. Many more upgrades to be made for lighting, on board power, air compressor etc. But it's at least as start.

pxl_20220508_144115878-mp-jpg.720934

pxl_20220508_174604957-mp-jpg.720932
Nice to see Im not the only one overlanding with a platinum edition

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles