Lets see some full size pictures...

When you max out your Gladiator capacity.......our new build is coming along. 2017 F250 Platinum, 4 link BDS lift, 37s, racked out.

Rad setup. I have the same problem with my 15' f150 (pictured above). I have a similar hitch rack for my 500 exc that I put on. With the RTT/Rack/Tonneau the 500 exc hanging off the back, and a 70lbs worth of mountain bikes for my wife and I, things get pretty loaded down. Definitely one of the few times that I wish I had gotten a 3/4 ton truck. I'm actually going to either add air bags or an add a leaf soon to deal with the load. Definitely pushing past the comfort zone on a half ton.

RPhil

Adventurer
Did you detail that swap anywhere? Considering it for my Excursion

Not sure if I'm allowed to post external forum links, but here you go:

Shankspedition

Rad setup. I have the same problem with my 15' f150 (pictured above). I have a similar hitch rack for my 500 exc that I put on. With the RTT/Rack/Tonneau the 500 exc hanging off the back, and a 70lbs worth of mountain bikes for my wife and I, things get pretty loaded down. Definitely one of the few times that I wish I had gotten a 3/4 ton truck. I'm actually going to either add air bags or an add a leaf soon to deal with the load. Definitely pushing past the comfort zone on a half ton.

Also, have a boat and trailer.....not to mention 3 daughters, so for us it was a no-brainer. I've been a Jeeper for life but couldn't be happier. Not to mention, now I will ultimately tow a buggy as well for more technical stuff as well as more gear.

Attachments

• Gladiator Trailer.jpg
    Gladiator Trailer.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Jeep Trailer.jpg
    Jeep Trailer.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 95

al415

Observer
Here's our 2019 F150 on a few of its cross country trips. We drove to California the day after picking it up at the Jersey Shore. When you live in NJ, you're pretty much obligated to long stretches of interstate before you get to anything scenic or isolated and the Raptor is the best mile-eater we've ever had:

:Raptor10.jpgRaptor8.jpgRaptor7.jpgRaptor6.jpgRaptor5.jpgRaptor4.jpgRaptor3.jpg

dfinn

Adventurer
One of my favorite spots in Idaho
52151318157_dc41a7da67_b.jpg

CFMGarage

What you would estimate is the total weight you have on that roof rack?

Is the rack attached using rivets? Any deflection in the mounting areas? As I'm sure you have some miles on this install I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Back from Spain

43844937ot.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles