Lets see some full size pictures...

Klutch7

I wish this was as clean as my last 800- but you’re right they are hard to find. Not to mention I wanted the 8.1 and manual 4x4.

It the perfect size for me - still fits in the garage (barely), fits six, and I can reach my kid in her car seat from the front. Crew cab makes that a stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your actual fuel mileage with the 8.1? While I'd like a diesel, the market is nuts. Wonder how the 8.1 does real-world driving?

djscheele

What is your actual fuel mileage with the 8.1? While I'd like a diesel, the market is nuts. Wonder how the 8.1 does real-world driving?

I have been getting 8-10 on my usual commute. 7 miles each each way with 7 stoplights so not a chance for good mileage. We took it to Colorado empty this summer and it did 12 running 80mph most of the way. Getting ready to head to CO/Utah this weekend with the Northstar in the back - should be around 2500 miles round trip so will be interesting to see how it does. For comparison my Raptor only got 12 on the same commute and 14 driving to Colorado.

Gnarwhal

Truck.jpgTruck2.jpg

My first post!! I figured what would be better than posting some photos of my last trip. Took the kids out so the wife could have some "me" time. This trip took us from the Utah/ Idaho border down thru the west side of Utah to the center part of the state, 98 % on dirt roads, except the detour to the Bonneville Salt Flats. Haven't done much (aside from the wheels and tires) with the truck, as it is also my work truck. I do have plans though.......

djscheele

Off Medano Pass Rd last night
b9c9a93aa8b2a72f47cad4a8e466a232.jpg

chirigringo

Adventurer
After a few years away from the community, I've come back to join the full-size club. I was on the lookout for a good Suburban, having been inspired by the Suboverland builds. Missed out on a couple good candidates but ended up finding this beauty for sale literally in front of my apartment. A 2003 Yukon XL, which, when I purchased it in August, had 66k miles on it! It's spent its entire service life in the Colorado high country so it's as close to rust free as you will find.
I put on 285/75r16s and Bilstein 5100s all around. Moog HD coils in the rear and cranked the torsion keys just a bit. Definitely more fun stuff to come but first I've got to get some maintenance issues addressed.
Happy to be back on ExPo!
(Picture taken at Canyons of the Ancients National Monument)Yukon_CoTA.jpg

MR. ED

Observer
After a few years away from the community, I've come back to join the full-size club. I was on the lookout for a good Suburban, having been inspired by the Suboverland builds. Missed out on a couple good candidates but ended up finding this beauty for sale literally in front of my apartment. A 2003 Yukon XL, which, when I purchased it in August, had 66k miles on it! It's spent its entire service life in the Colorado high country so it's as close to rust free as you will find.
I put on 285/75r16s and Bilstein 5100s all around. Moog HD coils in the rear and cranked the torsion keys just a bit. Definitely more fun stuff to come but first I've got to get some maintenance issues addressed.
Happy to be back on ExPo!
(Picture taken at Canyons of the Ancients National Monument)View attachment 686919
Nice rig. That's my backyard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles