Lets see some full size pictures...

Zuber

This flatbed is at the top of my list and I am debating the added cost for the rear drawer and water tank. Does the model without the drawer sit lower? I know flatbeds on the RAMS tend to sit kinda high.

Flatbeds on RAM's don't have to be high. It is mostly for looks. This is my install of a ProTech flatbed. I wanted it low a possible for the ATC camper. There is plenty of clearance for the 34" tires.
Z SM ATC Left.jpg

Zuber

The wind deflector is pretty close. Does it ever hit when your twisting around off highway? Great job.

It ended up closer than I designed, but never touched. Fuel mileage didn't change, but the wind noise was greatly reduced. The campers gone, truck going in a few weeks. Jeep gone. Heading for a new combination. 2021 RAM 2500 CC short bed, Carli pintop, 35" tires, Carivan Journey canopy. Will post up in a few years when all the back-ordered parts come in.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
It ended up closer than I designed, but never touched. Fuel mileage didn't change, but the wind noise was greatly reduced. The campers gone, truck going in a few weeks. Jeep gone. Heading for a new combination. 2021 RAM 2500 CC short bed, Carli pintop, 35" tires, Carivan Journey canopy. Will post up in a few years when all the back-ordered parts come in.
Caravan's are beasts. They'll outlive cockroaches after the H-bomb is dropped. Fantastic construction quality.

Zuber

2018 Ram 3500 6.7 G56 37x12.5r18 Toyo At3 Carli 3.25 with floating Firestone airbags synergy steering method NV HD wheels southbend clutch View attachment 665697View attachment 665698View attachment 665699

How much of the Carli kit did you get? Control arms? Sway bar? Rear springs? How was the ride after changes?

I don't need the carry capacity anymore, but still need a lot more than a 1/2T for towing. So, the 2500 with full coil springs and full linkage should be a huge improvement over the rear leafs that I have now. When the front hits a bump, I find myself bracing for the rear axle hit, even if I'm in a car.

After seeing your pictures, I'm getting some fender flares and big mud flaps.

Kilibob

How much of the Carli kit did you get? Control arms? Sway bar? Rear springs? How was the ride after changes?

I don't need the carry capacity anymore, but still need a lot more than a 1/2T for towing. So, the 2500 with full coil springs and full linkage should be a huge improvement over the rear leafs that I have now. When the front hits a bump, I find myself bracing for the rear axle hit, even if I'm in a car.

After seeing your pictures, I'm getting some fender flares and big mud flaps.
right now its sitting on Carli 3.25 coils front and Carli add a packs rear with CJC off-road floating Firestone airbags with the Carli commuter shock package (fox 2.0) waiting on kings, swayer, and radius arms .... everything has been back ordered

running empty I wouldn't say the add a packs helped the ride much but the front springs did wonders.

I have 1,200 pounds in the bed almost always rides like a dream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles