Lets see some full size pictures...

St8ton

From our recent trip touring around the panhandle of Florida.

2zGYVTGl.jpg

HUMMER/Expeditions

B76BBCF9-318D-42E9-84E2-C0751809F95E.jpegAny geologists here ? What do you see in this picture?

see on the left how huge section of rocks are Folded ?
That’s the tectonic plates colliding,
Sierra Nevada mountains are still going up, while Death Valley is thinning and starching,

North American plate is cutting half of California apart as pacific plate is moving west,
Death Valley is in the middle Of that argument between two plates.

Death Valley floor is over 9000 ft deep, all the sediments that erode from the mountains Fill the valley back up,

Eureka sand dunes are perfect example of the erosion and wind doing there job.

Last edited:

Wilbah

Adventurer
HUMMER love your shots and how often you are out there. Great to see places I dont get to see from the east coast. Thanks!

HUMMER/Expeditions

Thank you ?
I go out there with department of interior geologists
It’s amazing what they see and how things are changing.
( by the way non of them believe in man made climate change )
They said it’s the Normal cycle of the planet.
Because we clearly see how glaciers filled up lakes and they evaporated many thousands of years ago without human intervention.

Last edited:

Jenzz

Nice bumper. I'm in the market for a bumper for my Ram too. Was leaning towards the Warn Ascent, same price range. Did you get yours from the Bumpersuperstore? How do you like the quality and finish?

Got it from catunedoffroad.com, shipping to germany via an import service.
Super happy with the bumper, very well engineered, quality is top notch.

41044311rv.jpeg

Redleg171

I guess since I shared my motorcycle in another thread, I might as well show off my truck over here. No plans for doing anything too crazy with it, but if I had the money I'd like to go with a modest lift and larger tires. I did replace the worn-out wranglers with some BFG KO2s. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the 20" wheels. My 2004 had 18s and 70 series profile. These 55s are too low profile for my taste, but if I start changing stuff now I'll cause a chain reaction and I can't afford all that and work on a trailer.

My short-term plans are to do build a simple M1101/M1102 camping trailer. I just want to have a rack fabricated for a RTT, some water storage, maybe solar, might cover the bed and do slide-out storage and/or slide-out kitchen in the rear. I'll toss some smaller tires on there too. Part of me would love to have a HMMWV to go with it, but then again after driving and PMCSing them so much in the Army I think I'll pass lol.

I've seen a few great builds with those trailers for inspiration. I really wish I knew how to work with metal and weld! I like to do "real" camping, and tired of the cheaply built travel trailers out there, and would rather build my own than buy an expensive offroad camper that won't be just what I want.

My motorcycle just had to sneak into one photo. I had to trailer it so I could drop it off at the dealership for a while (still there sadly). Kickstand punched a hole in the asphalt overnight during a storm and it fell onto a curb. Broke the windshield, scratched the fairing, and minor scratches on the footpeg and kickstand. Zero deductible so just getting the windshield and fairing replaced and using the rest of the insurance money towards a new rear tire.

97Yeti

Saying good bye to one project (The brown truck-- wife called Yeti, because the brown and black color) and hello to the Newer White Truck (she is calling Bumble after the snow monster in Rudolph). We are building a cabin in Central NE Oregon Mountains and needed something a bit better for the 11 hour drive from our current house..As soon as it is built, this house sold and we are moved "retirement" here I come. Well not really retirement, just no longer working in my current job, more working on the place and taking up a hobby/career..Resized_20210419_195137.jpegResized_20210426_131735.jpegResized_20210426_131754.jpeg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I guess since I shared my motorcycle in another thread, I might as well show off my truck over here. No plans for doing anything too crazy with it, but if I had the money I'd like to go with a modest lift and larger tires. I did replace the worn-out wranglers with some BFG KO2s. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the 20" wheels. My 2004 had 18s and 70 series profile. These 55s are too low profile for my taste, but if I start changing stuff now I'll cause a chain reaction and I can't afford all that and work on a trailer.

My short-term plans are to do build a simple M1101/M1102 camping trailer. I just want to have a rack fabricated for a RTT, some water storage, maybe solar, might cover the bed and do slide-out storage and/or slide-out kitchen in the rear. I'll toss some smaller tires on there too. Part of me would love to have a HMMWV to go with it, but then again after driving and PMCSing them so much in the Army I think I'll pass lol.

I've seen a few great builds with those trailers for inspiration. I really wish I knew how to work with metal and weld! I like to do "real" camping, and tired of the cheaply built travel trailers out there, and would rather build my own than buy an expensive offroad camper that won't be just what I want.

My motorcycle just had to sneak into one photo. I had to trailer it so I could drop it off at the dealership for a while (still there sadly). Kickstand punched a hole in the asphalt overnight during a storm and it fell onto a curb. Broke the windshield, scratched the fairing, and minor scratches on the footpeg and kickstand. Zero deductible so just getting the windshield and fairing replaced and using the rest of the insurance money towards a new rear tire.
It's odd that the tire companies charge more for less rubber with the 20's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94