Lets see some full size pictures...

SoTxAg06

Put on a leveling kit but found out for some odd reason it has one of the highest rated torsion bars gm put in a half ton so it’s like riding in a covered wagon , have to do some digging and get the proper rated bars in there so I can enjoy drives a little more . View attachment 599799

What kind of leveling kit? Did you use keys, or just crank the torsion bars? A good set of shocks and a decent UCA really help the ride on those trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUMMER/Expeditions

Last remaining signs of once before 600 ft deep lake, about 10.000 to 20.000 years ago, during the last ice age, when glaciers started to melt, this area was deep underwater,

mostly Made from calcium carbonate, under water springs brought up minerals and piled them up, some of them are 150 ft high,
similar processes are happening in the caves but there minerals are slowly building downwards.
AE68953B-C2C7-44FB-A87E-A845B294E0FC.jpeg56A63CF9-11DD-4434-A8AD-F643AEB50A92.jpeg

Smileyshaun

Observer
What kind of leveling kit? Did you use keys, or just crank the torsion bars? A good set of shocks and a decent UCA really help the ride on those trucks.

Keys and shocks , it was bad before the leveling kit . Usually I put on the keys but only lift it 1” and it really softens up the ride but for some reason my 1/2 ton truck has the 7k n-m bars in it , they are typically in a 3/4 ton with a diesel so who knows why they ended up on my truck . Mines in blue D8429F9D-4E32-4C0F-A51A-05BC0A21EC48.png

SoTxAg06

Weird. Are you the original owner? If not, maybe a PO had a heavy bumper and used the heavier bars to compensate for it.

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.

Were the torsion bars in place of springs a result of bean counters within GM?

Smileyshaun

Observer
Weird. Are you the original owner? If not, maybe a PO had a heavy bumper and used the heavier bars to compensate for it.

Not the original owner but it is the bars in the rpo codes but no other indication of a snow plow package or any other reason to have such hd bars in there . The hard part will tracking down a set of bars that still have the ID stickers still on them .

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
;)

50131644156_7dd1eabb5c_h.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles