Lets see some full size pictures...

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
What happened to the Colorado?
One of the heaters decided to chew itself up randomly, ******** fuel economy (15L/100kms) and I wasn't feeling the crew cab, useless short bed. I'd get another one and try my luck again but extended cab this time. I went back to an RC with a V8 because why not, plus 8.8-10.8l/100kms is pretty dang enjoyable with a V8 with a nice length bed. That and when I traded it in, I got $4k more then I paid for it (GM rebates for the win)

Greg03XLT

One of the heaters decided to chew itself up randomly, **** fuel economy (15L/100kms) and I wasn't feeling the crew cab, useless short bed. I'd get another one and try my luck again but extended cab this time. I went back to an RC with a V8 because why not, plus 8.8-10.8l/100kms is pretty dang enjoyable with a V8 with a nice length bed. That and when I traded it in, I got $4k more then I paid for it (GM rebates for the win)
Very nice truck and all good reasons to switch - would like to see more pictures too. Will this one still give you enough off-road capability to meet your needs?
Finally, where did you get your bed rack - is it new or off of your previous full size truck?
Thanks!

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
Funny about off road, my Silverado was open diff, WT. This is a Z71 4X4 with a G80, so better setup for offroad, but it's lowered so that's a moot point haha. Around where I live, I can go 90% of the places I like with a lowered truck, so I'm not too concerned about off road capabilities right now. I do have some built driveshafts sitting in boxes just in case I get the itch to raise it but I'm thinking Gladiator or AEV Bison (ext cab) in a couple years if I leave this truck as is and sell it then.

The bed rack is the one I had built for my Silverado with the Alu-Cab setup. I couldn't sell it for the life of me, so I tossed it back on this truck. I tried a used canopy but I didn't like the look of it, so I sold that next day.
IMG_8021-X3.jpg

IMG_8042-X3.jpg

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Funny about off road, my Silverado was open diff, WT. This is a Z71 4X4 with a G80, so better setup for offroad, but it's lowered so that's a moot point haha. Around where I live, I can go 90% of the places I like with a lowered truck, so I'm not too concerned about off road capabilities right now. I do have some built driveshafts sitting in boxes just in case I get the itch to raise it but I'm thinking Gladiator or AEV Bison (ext cab) in a couple years if I leave this truck as is and sell it then.

The bed rack is the one I had built for my Silverado with the Alu-Cab setup. I couldn't sell it for the life of me, so I tossed it back on this truck. I tried a used canopy but I didn't like the look of it, so I sold that next day.
IMG_8021-X3.jpg

IMG_8042-X3.jpg
Would have been a lot cheaper to put a locker in the first truck... ? but who am I to judge?

Regcabguy

Oil eater.

IMG_8021-X3.jpg

IMG_8042-X3.jpg
That front air dam must get a workout being 5 inches from the ground.

Lykos

Super Trucker
Installed my Thuren front springs a couple weeks ago. Went with the overland shocks while I save up to go to 2.5 kings ?? Also got most of the campershell insulated and the interior builds started. Still need to put the drawer together. Interior done completely with glue and biscuit joints. It's going to get sealed and than bedlined with Raptorliner to make it as durable as possible.

View attachment 509645View attachment 509646View attachment 509647
Is that a surplus utility slide in? Or local per company time those and I've always thought they'd make a great habitat.

Is that a surplus utility slide in? Or local per company time those and I've always thought they'd make a great habitat.
It's an ARE DCU shell. I wanted one that was 6" taller than the cab but I found this on craigslist for a steal. It's a little more stealthy than a traditional slide in camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles