Lets see some full size pictures...

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Mostly stock at the moment.. but hoping to be stepping up the suspension/wheels/tire combo here in the coming month or two. ?

47200166412_46c364e9e8_c.jpg

blewJay

I drive this '18 Ford F-150 FX4 4x4, 5.0L V8 shorty. It is levelled with 34" BFG KO2'S and has a front Torsen locker and the factory E-locker in the rear. I picked it over the popular rigs because of its big capabilities and small size. It has the same towing capacity as, and more payload then a Power Wagon. It's wheelbase is only 4" longer then a Jeep JLU so it has an awesome break over angle. It has a better power to weight ratio then most Raptors. It has the 240 amp alternator with the dedicated 80 amp power system that I plan to hook a winch up to some day. I'm looking forward to putting a camper system and an Propane fuel system on it this year to increase my range.

dearchristopher

i’m a new member, just joined today. currently building my 2017 ram 1500 into a camping rig.

I sold a 2012 JKU on 35s with some other mods when my job made me choose a lay-off or move 6 hours away...miss my jeep a ton. bought a 2wd ram since I expected to make the 6 hour drive between my home town and new city often. Ended up getting laid off from that new role 3 months later.

The truck is much more practical than a wrangler, but i’ve still modded it quite a few times because i can’t leave anything alone for long.

2d4227f8a8aba3e094cb16a04d022a67.jpg

bottom pic is the current setup. just put the shell on, currently building a custom rack for it. can’t wait to get more info from this place!

bd5d7f4d08b9c90440f1d6170d29b90a.jpg

2bb4617c8f9773301c154035b3eb2a70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITTOG

I drive this '18 Ford F-150 FX4 4x4, 5.0L V8 shorty. It is levelled with 34" BFG KO2'S and has a front Torsen locker and the factory E-locker in the rear. I picked it over the popular rigs because of its big capabilities and small size. It has the same towing capacity as, and more payload then a Power Wagon. It's wheelbase is only 4" longer then a Jeep JLU so it has an awesome break over angle. It has a better power to weight ratio then most Raptors. It has the 240 amp alternator with the dedicated 80 amp power system that I plan to hook a winch up to some day. I'm looking forward to putting a camper system and an Propane fuel system on it this year to increase my range.

View attachment 503202
Wow, 34's work just a level? Do you get any running at all?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

stickerboy111

Well I haven’t posted here for a long time. Here is my new ride. 2019 Ram Rebel 12. Have few more upgrades to come yet. Undecided on the lift yet, but so far I have my RTT rack mounted, basket mounted, VHF installed, On-board air is ready to install, and sorting out a house battery still.love this truck so far and can’t wait to get out soon. This truck comes from the factory with all skid plates and a factory rear locker. Pretty solid platform for the light exploring I am doing with it.

highyellow1

Well I haven’t posted here for a long time. Here is my new ride. 2019 Ram Rebel 12. Have few more upgrades to come yet. Undecided on the lift yet, but so far I have my RTT rack mounted, basket mounted, VHF installed, On-board air is ready to install, and sorting out a house battery still.love this truck so far and can’t wait to get out soon. This truck comes from the factory with all skid plates and a factory rear locker. Pretty solid platform for the light exploring I am doing with it.
View attachment 503398
That rig is sweet!!

fl0w3n

Observer

View attachment 503202

Love that truck man. I can't tell you how many times I hop on the Ford Build & Price page to spec out an F150 similar (although I tend towards ext cab). The factory options you can choose are pretty exceptional for a starting point. Are you able to get the 36 gal tank with the short bed? The only thing I wish it had was the option for manual shift t-case.

DSRTXJ

Picked up this 2015 Lariat a couple of months ago. Big Red is powered by the 3.5L V6 twin turbo EcoBoost. She also sports the long range 36 gal fuel tank for those long adventures. I plan to add a lot of things to the truck in the near future. Bumpers, Suspension, Tires/Wheels, and much more. Stay tuned!

Night Sailor

I travel in a 2001 K3500 Chevy Silverado Diesel Dually. I spent 18 months out of 24 in 2016-2017 living in this comfortably, and covered nearly 30,000 miles including three cross country trips including three legs from Seattle to SF Bay and one trip to Florida from Connecticut. We had an interesting encounter with a black bear at emigrant gap last July.

Truck Modifications include: Detroit TrueTrac LSD, less restrictive drivers side exhaust, stainless steel brake lines, larger fuel tank 53 gallons, 2nd tank, 30 gallons— Typically useable 75 gallons at average 14.15 mpg highway. EGR, boost and 2nd fuel gauges. Touch screen stereo DVD player for audio books. I also moved my spare to the front on a custom mount wimhoxh can carry two mounted spares.

Future truck mods are installing the Icom 7000, an as/el remote controlled camera mount, and possibly a locking front diff.

Camper mods: 825 watts of solar. 200 watts of which are forward facing for winter sun angles or early morning or late after noon charging. 625 watts face up. Extend a stay propane plumbing for external propane tanks. Clamp on outside grill accessible from inside and out. Compressor and adapter to blow out water lines for freezing weather. Four remote temperature sensors for indoor outdoor basement tanks and refrigerator monitoring. Led lighting. Cabinet lighting, stealth camping interior lighting, three sub panels, battery monitor, solar charge controller, dual 500 watt inverters, WiFi amplifier/extender with high gain antenna, ham radio “painters pole” extendable mast, 22” TV, TiVo filled with TCM movies, 6 USB charging ports, electric blanket (sufficient heating for above freezing temperatures), and cold spots filled with spray foam. The camper is already super insulated. I winter camp and mountaintop camp often.

Future camper plans: new roof replacing rubber with fiberglass. 300 AH lithium battery, replacing two way fridge and freezer with DC damfoss type refrigerator/freezer, solar hot water supplemented with surplus solar, recirculation for hot water for instant on, second water tank, slide mount for Honda generator, Roof AC. Wood stove. I’m trying to reduce my dependence on propane.

I was running an Icom 706 (sold) ham radio and am now switching to an Icom 7000 for the truck and I will probably move my Icom 9100 into the camper. One nice thing about camping and radio is you can get away from RFI and hear really well.

I am nearly finished refurbishing a 20’ center console and now refurbishing a Jeep Wramgler. I can only tow one behind me. It will be hard to choose.

I have a small home made trailer I’m adapting to be a fuel trailer to carry extra diesel, a larger propane tank, a diesel genset, gasoline, and a chainsaw.

I like to carry a lot of fuel because it is so expensive in Canada. I also like to go where fuel is hard to find. One of my goals is the eye of Quebec and the arctic circle.

I travel with five dogs and twice drove cross country with puppies 5 and then last time 6.

My camper is not well suited for off-road. I have to drive very slowly, not far, and generally avoid it. It is well suited for going far, going far from fuel, extended living, cold weather camping for up to a week, space for two people and five dogs. And I’m working on making it self supporting for lengthy offgrid adventures.

Attachments

• A2C1EB99-9F47-4462-B345-C7BCED2F8FB8.jpeg
    A2C1EB99-9F47-4462-B345-C7BCED2F8FB8.jpeg
    765.4 KB · Views: 80
  • FE9E33D7-33D9-42A9-A4DF-549F85D24568.jpeg
    FE9E33D7-33D9-42A9-A4DF-549F85D24568.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 151161A6-97CE-41EC-85AC-17B80A4B49AF.jpeg
    151161A6-97CE-41EC-85AC-17B80A4B49AF.jpeg
    711.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 237C894E-350B-4BC2-84A0-0D32290BE8C9.jpeg
    237C894E-350B-4BC2-84A0-0D32290BE8C9.jpeg
    957.5 KB · Views: 74

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris

View attachment 503202

Love the standard cab/shortbeds! Looking forward to your build.

Stark in the Wild

Just picked up this project! Bought it unseen in Seattle for $900 then drove it 1000 miles home. It is now the base for my adventure rig. Plans include: Mexican blanket seat cover (done), Bed Rack, RTT, Cleaning up the engine bay, better lights, rear locker, slight raise and new rim/tire combo. The bench seat is the winning feature though. If anyone has some cool build ideas/additions let me know! this is a blank canvas for now and i don't mind experimenting. May do boat speakers on the bed rack for camping music.

Attachments

• 43691653420_af9d4ded60_z.jpg
    43691653420_af9d4ded60_z.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 44783439474_18feab557d_z.jpg
    44783439474_18feab557d_z.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 160

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles