Lets see some full size pictures...

Tex68w

Beach Bum
From this:

IMG_20160818_102046-M.jpg

To this:

IMG_4517-L.jpg

Had to go full size, the RAM 2500 6.7L is an awesome rig.

And a full size trailer too.

IMG_4527-L.jpg

I dig the Subie with the trailer, did you sell it?

bloodyWEST

Adventurer
How are you liking the service body? I have been thinking about getting one either for my Ram or building a trailer off an older one.

I love it. I like having all my gear secure, out of the elements and not looking like an overlander yard sale.

One downside is cost, but the biggest downside is weight. Empty bed vs empty service bed is about 400vs 900#. So you give away about 500 pounds before you put anything in it.

I personally can’t get excited about off-roading with a trailer, but to each, his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it. I like having all my gear secure, out of the elements and not looking like an overlander yard sale.

One downside is cost, but the biggest downside is weight. Empty bed vs empty service bed is about 400vs 900#. So you give away about 500 pounds before you put anything in it.

I personally can’t get excited about off-roading with a trailer, but to each, his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. I have a local vendor that I use work work that builds a very quality composite body that is about half the weight of the metal ones. I have switched our fleet over to them and we have seen a substantial increase in fuel and also being able to downgrade our trucks due to the weight savings. Everytime I see one of my trucks, I always think it'd make a great camping rig.

I have some reservations about the trailer as well. However, I do like the idea of being able to have everything ready to go. I also feel I could accomplish the same thing by having a service body mounted. Great ideas for either this or my next build! Would love to see some pictures of where you store everything if possible?

VroomSIX

Good to know. I have a local vendor that I use work work that builds a very quality composite body that is about half the weight of the metal ones. I have switched our fleet over to them and we have seen a substantial increase in fuel and also being able to downgrade our trucks due to the weight savings. Everytime I see one of my trucks, I always think it'd make a great camping rig.

I have some reservations about the trailer as well. However, I do like the idea of being able to have everything ready to go. I also feel I could accomplish the same thing by having a service body mounted. Great ideas for either this or my next build! Would love to see some pictures of where you store everything if possible?

Would you mind giving us the vendor's name? I'm curious what a composite service body looks like. I always thought that there must be someone that makes them out of aluminum due to those exact weight concerns but never found one local to me. I'm sure a quick googling will come up with something though....

fatkins

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles