Lets see some full size pictures...

Dougnuts

What is the name of that color? I know some people hate them....but Im loving these flat greys and the "Cement" colors coming out.

Lead Foot. Apparently it's highly sought after on the Raptors and it's what made me fall in love with the truck. Everyone I've talked to has complemented the color as well.

wazzudude

New family adventure vehicle

Just picked up my new truck and I couldn't be more excited. 2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn with the Cummins and the Off Road package. It will pull trailer (27ft. travel trailer) and adventure duty and replaces my 2014 Ram 1500. I've already made some changes and will start a build thread soon!

truck when purchased side.jpg

chet6.7

Explorer
Congrats on the truck.FWIW,in case you haven't read it,The Cummins does not need a break in,but there is a part in the manual that talks about putting a load on the engine in the first 6K miles for "fit and finish." I was not able to follow that,I just got a mileage increase at 22K.I may have got that MPG increase earlier if I had been able to follow the fit and finish recommendation.

uscg2008

Explorer
Thought i posted but i guess i havent yet.

New truck, looking forward to finishing her off soon.

Zm9N27j.jpg

JyoxiYx.jpg

VDxnINF.jpg
Start a build thread so we can follow along.

suburbangal

Here's my rig I've had this Suburban for a few years now and it has been a slow metaphosis from a simple rusty diesel 4x4 to its current state, although there still the rust to remove. It began with switching out the auto to manual with a NV 4500 coupled with NP205. 4" ORD lift with 15 x 35 Coopers. Dual 3" exhaust system. ARB rear diff locker. Numerous other tweaks like a better lift pump. There's still the interior to finish along with the body work and bar work. But I'm in Australia caring for mother and so the Burbon is in storage till I decide what I should do. Possible ship it to Australia.

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_1248.JPG

Last edited:

Explorerinil

Observer
Here's my rig I've had this Suburban for a few years now and it has been a slow metaphosis from a simple rusty diesel 4x4 to its current state, although there still the rust to remove. It began with switching out the auto to manual with a NV 4500 coupled with NP205. 4" ORD lift with 15 x 35 Coopers. Dual 3" exhaust system. ARB rear diff locker. Numerous other tweaks like a better lift pump. There's still the interior to finish along with the body work and bar work. But I'm in Australia caring for mother and so the Burbon is in storage till I decide what I should do. Possible ship it to Australia.

View attachment 434823

View attachment 434821

I would love to have an older suburban, nice truck!

Tex68w

Beach Bum

View attachment 434823

View attachment 434821

These trucks take me back to my childhood, we always called that era of Suburban the "Big Body Burb" and they were awesome!

Ashton

Thought i posted but i guess i havent yet.

New truck, looking forward to finishing her off soon.

Zm9N27j.jpg

Little lady with her new ride and our new Overlanding platform.

4gJ8U7F.jpg

Looks like Ram's are becoming more and more prevalent as a overlanding rig, and in Tex68w picture looks like they come stock with a winch friendly bumper? Clearly that aftermarket bumper in Manchilds photo looks good and seems to match well to the rig.

Wirebrush

Observer
Looks like Ram's are becoming more and more prevalent as a overlanding rig, and in Tex68w picture looks like they come stock with a winch friendly bumper? Clearly that aftermarket bumper in Manchilds photo looks good and seems to match well to the rig.
That's a Power Wagon. The winch is a factory installed Warn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne