Lets see some full size pictures...

Bojak

Adventurer
2006 lly. Rancho 4" with bilstein 5100's. 35 x 11.50 nitto mt on 18" wheels.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

01BURB

Not sure if you know but being a 2006 if you do any performance stuff to it just use the LBZ parts. Only difference yours had from LBZ is a factory tune that was less than the LBZ. Very sharp truck btw. Ive got an 06 Chevy Crew Cab Long Bed 3500 SRW. Bought it with 88k now has 144k on it. Great trucks

longball

2006 lly. Rancho 4" with bilstein 5100's. 35 x 11.50 nitto mt on 18" wheels.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Very nice truck. As 01burb said, your truck (as far as hard parts are concerned) is an LBZ. Parts for an 05LLY won’t fit. Tuning is easily fixable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCH

Adventurer
Had some lifestyle changes due to back surgery and very reluctantly traded my JKU for a 3/4 ton truck. It will see rough use on Colorado FS trails, but won't be rock crawling. It also fit in with some of my wife's plans, and we have a 2012 Northstar 850SC that will ride in it from spring through fall. Picked up an ARE topper for $350. Don't like visibility issues with the toolbox style, but they sure are handy for organization. You have to be at just the right angle to see the outline of "Better Cows, Better Living" from the decals of the prior owner who was in the artificial cow insemination business. Still finding the occasional semen straw wedged in odd places. Funky animal odor is almost gone. The truck is a 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD with the 6.0. Happened to be a happy mix of mileage (49,000 when I bought it a couple of months ago), condition (not a work truck, someone loved that thing), and package (work truck trim -- only option missing is the 4.10 axle ratio.) So far really happy with it other than gas mileage, but I knew what I was getting into with that. It is refreshing to go back to tossing stuff in the bed rather than trying to create a three dimensional puzzle in the back of my Jeep to maximize space. Eventually will add more aggressive tires and a radio that supports a back up camera. Really doesn't need much more for me. Love the rubber floors. Oh, if anyone can recommend a good seat cover for the back seat that deals well with really short, bristly dog hairs, I'm all ears.

i-c2SsDVc-L.jpg

i-Dgz6KbX-L.jpg

Mudwolf

Riding with Grandpa

Hey, new to the forum, been following for several years. Two years ago my grand father passed and I had an opportunity to buy his 1989 Silverado from his estate. Most of the grand kids learned to drive in this truck, so it meant a great deal to all of us. Grand pa never had any money, but bought this new. It had only 88,000 miles on it. A 350 chevy and all the options including heavy half axles.

No one would think of an 89 Silverado as an overland vehicle, but I think it be memory machine for my family.
Having started two years ago, the truck had never been in a garage and rust was all over, so cutting began. I will post pictures from the journey to its current primer state. But had to share the story.

The idea is to finish this project in white with some John Deere green flair. He (grandpa) hauled for John Deere, so as a tribute it's getting JD service badges. But will ideally run on 34's skinny MT's with minimal lift and look as stock as possible.

Even the 12k winch is tucked into the front bumper which only sits 1 inch further out than factory spec.

Looking forward to comments and ideas.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Tiki

Observer
Had some lifestyle changes due to back surgery and very reluctantly traded my JKU for a 3/4 ton truck. It will see rough use on Colorado FS trails, but won't be rock crawling. It also fit in with some of my wife's plans, and we have a 2012 Northstar 850SC that will ride in it from spring through fall. Picked up an ARE topper for $350. Don't like visibility issues with the toolbox style, but they sure are handy for organization. You have to be at just the right angle to see the outline of "Better Cows, Better Living" from the decals of the prior owner who was in the artificial cow insemination business. Still finding the occasional semen straw wedged in odd places. Funky animal odor is almost gone. The truck is a 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD with the 6.0. Happened to be a happy mix of mileage (49,000 when I bought it a couple of months ago), condition (not a work truck, someone loved that thing), and package (work truck trim -- only option missing is the 4.10 axle ratio.) So far really happy with it other than gas mileage, but I knew what I was getting into with that. It is refreshing to go back to tossing stuff in the bed rather than trying to create a three dimensional puzzle in the back of my Jeep to maximize space. Eventually will add more aggressive tires and a radio that supports a back up camera. Really doesn't need much more for me. Love the rubber floors. Oh, if anyone can recommend a good seat cover for the back seat that deals well with really short, bristly dog hairs, I'm all ears.

i-c2SsDVc-L.jpg

i-Dgz6KbX-L.jpg

By FS trails do you mean fire service or fullsize... either way I'd love to learn more about routes that support fullsize vehicles in CO. I lived on the western side of the state back in the day.

CCH

Adventurer
Forest Service roads, which tend to, but don't always, support full size vehicles. There are lots of rough tracks on the Uncompaghre and Grand Mesa that are passable by full size vehicles -- pin striping sometimes unavoidable. Many of what were Jeep trails in those areas are becoming more UTV type trails in width.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles