Lets see some full size pictures...

Bojak

Adventurer
Buffy, that does NOT suck. Wow, clean clean. Congrats on the solid time piece.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

buffy

Buffy, that does NOT suck. Wow, clean clean. Congrats on the solid time piece.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks a bunch. I love working on this thing. Just had the NP203 and TH350 rebuilt. I'm prepping it for some glamping-style overlanding.

buffy

Actually, 10 bolt rears started to show up even in '78, but this has the 12 bolt/Dana 44 combo. This was my dad's oilfield truck. I think you may be right on the front 10 bolts though.

buffy

Hahaha................what he ^^^^^ said!! How does a former oilfield truck still look that good?!?!?!

The nickname the office ladies applied to it long ago was "The Million Dollar Blazer". We abused it thoroughly early on, but over the past few years we've restored it to a high level of refinement. I remember Dad yanking wireline trucks out of ditches with it and I remember needing dozers to pull it out of holes.

Thanks for the kind words y'all. There are plenty of brand acolytes that think their trucks are tough, but I'm pretty partial to these squarebodies. I know what this truck has done (er shouldn't have done) and it's never broke down on me.

As an exciting tidbit, I just received word that my application to run the Copperstate Overland was accepted. So I'm looking forward to a fun trip next month. It's not exactly filled with unknowns, but it should be a very fun adventure.

Last edited:

noJeepshere

Adventurer
In Moab today
114d3befd86c3abf8403069c12e7449f.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

skinnyd

IMG-9728.jpg
Picked up a well equipped FWC Hawk. After doing some research on this and other websites I decided to pair it with a 2017 Ford F350 with the 6.7 powerstroke. This is a great resource and thanks for having me be part of it. I hope to contribute more now that I have something worth sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles