Lets see some full size pictures...

jluck

Adventurer
Aspen%20front%20on%20bump-1_zps5fstmczn.jpg

Absolutely love the X. A under appreciated vehicle IMO.

uscg2008

Explorer

Looking good bub :sombrero: glad to see another full size diesel guy. What are your plans? :smiley_drive:

TheColonelJLK

Looking good bub :sombrero: glad to see another full size diesel guy. What are your plans? :smiley_drive:

First is to swap all the chrome for black. My thoughts are to go to a stealership and see what it would cost to order new, black front/rear bumpers and grille from an XL model. If it is cost effective (after selling my chrome parts), then i'll probably do that by Spring. Since I literally put brand new BFGoodrich AT's on it less than 5k miles, i am just going to wait until i have less than 50% tread before I think about swapping in black wheels. BTW, what are y'alls thoughts on 20in wheels compared to 16-18in wheels?

Mods I have already made:
upgrade both batteries to Optima Yellow Top
ARE Topper
Decked Storage Unit
ARB Fridge
Removed/sold factory side steps

Mod List - in order
Rock Sliders
2in BB lift (King Shocks)
Black Wheels
WARN Gen 2 Trans4mer Front Bumper System with Warn Winch
Air Compressor
K&N Air Filter

I don't have much planned right now. I'm still getting a feel for the truck and my specific needs and uses for it. I imagine I'll have a better build platform sometime next year. My biggest question to myself is what am I going to do with the spare tire once I get bigger tires? This forum has helped a lot with seeing so many different ways everyone mounts their spare, so Im just going to take some time on things like that. I don't feel like rushing to spend 2k or more some extreme rear bumper just to hold a spare tire. If it aint broke then why fix it - kinda attitude right now.

Betarocker

Adventurer
There are much better filters than K&N. Hell, every filter is better than K&N. Unless you want to get dust, dirt and debris inside the engine; then K&N is the best.

Rock sliders will need to be substantial in structure. 4 tons of vehicle to protect.

Betarocker

Adventurer
17" wheels are the smallest you'll be able to run, and not all will work. 18" with a 35" (or so) tire will put more rubber between the rim and the ground, helping with off-road traction and a smoother ride. 35s will fit well with a levelling kit.

For best handling and the ability to set proper caster angle (to prevent deathwobble) is use OUO ALAs. They also make the only adjustable levelling kit.

http://www.ouostore.com/Products-Adjustable_2_5_Leveling_Kit_2005_and_Newer.html
http://www.ouostore.com/Dana_60_Components-One_Up_Offroad_Adjustable_Link_Arms_2005_Ford_Sup.html

Jsweezy

Explorer
I no longer have this rig and somedays wish I did, but figured I would share it here anyway...

2011 F250 6.7L Diesel, Carli Leveling Kit, Deleted and Tuned with H&S Mini Maxx, Transferflow 50 gallon fuel tank in stock location (BEST MOD EVER), Snugtop super sport.

IMG_0378.jpg

TheColonelJLK

There are much better filters than K&N. Hell, every filter is better than K&N. Unless you want to get dust, dirt and debris inside the engine; then K&N is the best.

Rock sliders will need to be substantial in structure. 4 tons of vehicle to protect.

What type of air filter would you recommend? I realize the issue with rock sliders and understand it is going to be an expensive, but necessary mod. Have any recommendations? Thanks for the heads up on K&N!

Betarocker

Adventurer
I used AFE PG7 filter on my last truck without ever getting a speck of dust through in the many years it was in. I have many friends with S&B intakes who haven't had any issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles