Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Some photos from my recent trip to Oregon by way of the Rubicon trail

5a859b0ad6553d387310118653114332.jpg

5c782375d23cec0820fc5a09af0244d6.jpg

77e47a7aab017d0bb4bf3b433200251e.jpg

7756ab68ce07fce93f7a61214159ae60.jpg

sent from a slablet

Perfectly balanced Tahoe there. I love the truck and photos. Thank you.

Ironhide Fx4

Observer
2013 F150 FX4 is coming along.
Built the bedrack
Decked drawers have been in it for a while
285/60r20 goodyear duratacs
Fox coilover leveling kit
I have an ARB fridge running off stock power in the back seat. Trying to decide a better longterm powersupply though.
Next project will be a swingout for the 5th method wheel + fullsize spare.

I may need to pick your brain later and ask some questions

Raul B

Explorer
2013 F150 FX4 is coming along.
Built the bedrack
Decked drawers have been in it for a while
285/60r20 goodyear duratacs
Fox coilover leveling kit
I have an ARB fridge running off stock power in the back seat. Trying to decide a better longterm powersupply though.
Next project will be a swingout for the 5th method wheel + fullsize spare.
Looks great. We have very similar setups

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

gunpainter

Observer
Got back a week ago from my first real 'expedition' with the family. My daughters and I (no wife this time) are headed back out in another week to go to Glacier National Park, and work south from there.

Here we are at Lizard Head Pass west of Silverton, Colorado.

camp4.jpg

By Estes Park, CO on Pole Hill Rd. Rough to get in, and a challenge to get turned around to leave, but the views were well worth it.

camp10.jpg

Branden

fnjeep314

Observer
Here is my rig. Still need to get out in the dirt with it though.

20160709_155539_zpssezjnl8g.jpg

Here it sits as of now. I have Fox 2.5 remote res front shocks, Icon UCA, ProComp AAL with Raptor rear blocks and Raptor rear Fox shocks, Synergy 1in lowering rear shackles. Perf wise I have a Full Race front mount intercooler, Airraid intake and y pipe, convert to single BOV running a Tial Q 50mm, Heartthrob exhaust, Solo catted DP's, Livewire TS with 5* tuning, Leer topper, and a G2 diff cover for a little protection. I also(like the OP) had to make sure that I upgraded to the OEM HID's. What an improvement over the halogen lights.

rolsmojave3

Heres my truck with and without camper. 7.3 5speed. 315/75/16s, trutrac, Viair on board air. Rear air bags to help out with the camper. Just got an AliArc aluminum front bumper, I'll have to get a picture. It's no superduty, but its fun and gets thumbs up all day.

tyler.96

Observer
That OBS is beautiful! Definitely my dream set up, CCLB 5 Speed 7.3 with the Alcoas! Really like that two-tone, too!
Really nice truck.

Dave Kay

Adventurer
Picked this up a couple days ago. I'm excited to get started on it.
P1040371_zpsdsyuaqoy.jpg

Now THERE'S a beauty~! (and I ought to know--- I only own three of 'em~!)

What year is she: '85, 86? One ton or 3/4? Small block I hope: easy to work on, etc,. Also like the service bed too.

Had overland-ish plans for one of my old Chevy long-bed step-sides: because the bed was so beat up and rotted I looked around for a service bed to replace it, only a shorter version of what you have there. My camper, at the time, would have fit perfect, height-wise, and hey--- look at all those compartments to store stuff in~!

Those plans did not come to pass but curious how you're going to set up your rig? BTW: there are several '73-87 Chevy/GMC truck forums online with so much helpful info it will boggle your mind... or maybe I'm just easily boggled~!

Anyway, wish you luck and please do post your progress.

Muttle

Observer
Now THERE'S a beauty~! (and I ought to know--- I only own three of 'em~!)

What year is she: '85, 86? One ton or 3/4? Small block I hope: easy to work on, etc,. Also like the service bed too.

Had overland-ish plans for one of my old Chevy long-bed step-sides: because the bed was so beat up and rotted I looked around for a service bed to replace it, only a shorter version of what you have there. My camper, at the time, would have fit perfect, height-wise, and hey--- look at all those compartments to store stuff in~!

Those plans did not come to pass but curious how you're going to set up your rig? BTW: there are several '73-87 Chevy/GMC truck forums online with so much helpful info it will boggle your mind... or maybe I'm just easily boggled~!

Anyway, wish you luck and please do post your progress.

Thanks! It's a '86 K30 Cab and Chassis with a 350 backed by a SM465/205. This is my 4th Squarebody I own and the most rust free original truck I've ever seen. As for plans, it will be set up for towing and long distance trips, mild wheeling/ camping excursions. Service box will be staying on since it is so handy for storage, probably end up with a RTT on the top of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles