Lets see some full size pictures...

ttravis5446

Adventurer
View attachment 167505The power is awesome isn't it:smiley_drive: I bought a used 11 with just shy of 8,000 miles in october and have 28,xxx now and love it. Sorry for crappy cell phone pick.

I have been really impressed so far. I bought it Wednesday with less than 100 miles on it and I rolled over 1000 today. I really loved my F150 but this truck is so much better suited to how i use it.

It's funny when I was looking for another truck after my 04 burnt on me I was looking for a more used truck as in a 7.3 or even a 6.0l (I know many don't like the 6.0l but I loved mine) but one day just for kicks I took a 6.7 for a test drive and I was hooked.
I have been really impressed so far. I bought it Wednesday with less than 100 miles on it and I rolled over 1000 today. I really loved my F150 but this truck is so much better suited to how i use it.

ttravis5446

Adventurer
It's funny when I was looking for another truck after my 04 burnt on me I was looking for a more used truck as in a 7.3 or even a 6.0l (I know many don't like the 6.0l but I loved mine) but one day just for kicks I took a 6.7 for a test drive and I was hooked.

I started out looking for a used truck too, but I couldn't find a good 7.3 for what I wanted to spend on it. Everything in this area was either trashed for $7500 or was nice but had 250,000 + miles for $15,000, or was legitimately nice with less than 100,000 miles for $20k. I use my truck for work and my job pays me for it so eventually I figured why not just get a new one and not have to worry about all the work of doing the baseline maintenance on an older one and just have a payment for a year or so.

WPFD1215

My 85 Suburban

I'm Brian: new to the site/forum. Your guys' rigs/trips/adventures/gear are awesome- I could spend hours on here and not know where to go next. So far, my only adventure has been a day trip to a local state park with my family and our puppy. Hopefully, more to come. My truck was a rescue squad vehicle. It has 100,000 miles on it and is in pretty decent shape. The Suburban pics I've seen here make me want to do so much to this rig. For now, here's how it will be, but hopefully not for long. Greetings from East TN!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 62

noJeepshere

Adventurer
Always liked that color combo. Welcome to the site, and agreed, there are too many ways to blow your cash here.

cent frum a smaert fone

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
fl37.JPG

Oh Man....sorry about the broken wrist,...... funny you mention Alta as we were looking to set up there in two weeks.......yes we can build you "wildlife protection" bumpers.....out here it is almost mandatory....gimme a shout if you need.. Great pics btw.

purdytj

seeker
1998 Cummins quad cab 12-valve NV4500

My black unicorn is named B.A. Baracus. I'm a child of the 80's, so the name seemed to fit. I'm a bit obsessed about Baracus and made a web page at http://purdygreatlife.weebly.com/truck.html if you'd like to see more pictures.
I'd encourage any who are interested to check out the Turbo Diesel Reigster for more forums about everything Cummins. www.tdr1.com
I also have a 74 Airstream... I haven't been on this forum long, but really want to get to the Overland Expo someday. I'd also like to get a self-contained truck camper, but no more toys until the Airstream project is usable. This forum, TDR's forum, Truck Camper Magazine, and the Air Forums are where I spend most of my time.

5739276_orig.jpg

So you make deer killers(bumpers)? Just did an alta lakes camp the other night ...my lady caught her chaco on the yakima rackon the way out of the back of the truck fell and broke her wrist.. late night trip to the e.r. in tride.. so camping came to an abrupt end.. but great sunset.. still snow sticking around up their.. here are a few picsView attachment 165822View attachment 165823View attachment 165824View attachment 165825View attachment 165826View attachment 165827View attachment 165828[/QUOT

Oh Man....sorry about the broken wrist,...... funny you mention Alta as we were looking to set up there in two weeks.......yes we can build you "wildlife protection" bumpers.....out here it is almost mandatory....gimme a shout if you need.. Great pics btw.

purdytj

seeker
Looks great Purdy. Got a thread on Airforums? Link?

Thanks, redthies. I don't have a thread of my renovations on the Airforums, but I do have another weebly page for the Airstream: http://purdygreatlife.weebly.com/airstream. I like using the Weebly because I find it is easier to organize photos and text than on a forum. I have posted questions on the forums, but mostly keep my 'cataloging' on the Weebly.
My username for TDR, Airforums, and Expeditionportal is the same if you want to look me up there: purdytj.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles