Lets see some full size pictures...

Chris W

AL9nZEWNEHyggES8noxAuNTCjmGP7sqNNB-vb2eKAEIflXFk090zRTCdwsVNsObylrsKb14XpFPXE5fvKR3wjxepCcZ6l4UnNOO7fxZMftGuH4T5PPimoeGUGdgBy-p14F1S01KkHqtZfdLOuPfA11o5FSYO3A=w1739-h1304-no

AL9nZEXSoS7c5jzdTnszzlM_9JcZt9obFBZlMX7z16Rz4ohPQKepBPQQmPKWe6HPz3e7Q3DzmU_--xSUJtDszqFZzXlForC6T9qTdptVjkat-NO8py8Voc9vXD7Kv55_xwf-vgIjTWxuvVAJAP9pW3JsXWjelA=w978-h1304-no

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Here's us several years ago slowly negotiating a road alongside a flooding river in CA going to/from a drycamping site in the forest. We are in our 24 ft. E450 Class C that we take carefully offroad here and there if required. I've since installed larger tires to give us more ground clearance:
heNALdUl.jpg
Spring shops can do an add a leaf and stouter front coils too.

pnichols

Yeah you're right and I'm aware of spring changes. However for my case of a 24 ft. Class C, only an E350 chassis is required. When we bought it new, I had looked far and wide to find one on the heavier duty E450 chassis, which I finally found at a dealer and bought it. I wanted the E450's more rugged running gear and lower differential gear ratio so we could take our small motorhome offroad occasionally.

So in effect, our stock E450 leaf springs and fronts coils are beefed up from what would have been the adequate ones on an E350 chassis.

The Ford Econoline E-Series van chassis leaves generous room in the wheel wells for larger tires than what typically comes stock on them. The best way to gain more ground clearance everywhere for the ground side components of a vehicle is by fitting larger diameter tires on it instead of lifting only the structure above the axles ... that's why one of my priorities was to put larger diameter tires on our Class C MH.

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Yeah you're right and I'm aware of spring changes. However for my case of a 24 ft. Class C, only an E350 chassis is required. When we bought it new, I had looked far and wide to find one on the heavier duty E450 chassis, which I finally found at a dealer and bought it. I wanted the E450's more rugged running gear and lower differential gear ratio so we could take our small motorhome offroad occasionally.

So in effect, our stock E450 leaf springs and fronts coils are beefed up from what would have been the adequate ones on an E350 chassis.

The Ford Econoline E-Series van chassis leaves generous room in the wheel wells for larger tires than what typically comes stock on them. The best way to gain more ground clearance everywhere for the ground side components of a vehicle is by fitting larger diameter tires on it instead of lifting only the structure above the axles ... that's why one of my priorities was to put larger diameter tires on our Class C MH.
Sure . You have huge brakes on that thing.

daly

This is my 2020 Trail Boss. I plan on making a few changes in the next year or so, but for now it works.
Only "mods" so far are the A.R.E topper, 295/70r18 Cooper AT3 XLT's, Diode Dynamics yellow foglights and the Aries steps.
There aren't many trails near me so I wanted something that was efficient, but powerful, and comfortable on the highway and this truck hasn't disappointed me in that department. Even though it's a 6.2L I still average 18mpg day to day and 24-26mpg on the highways. Even fully loaded and pulling a 6000lbs trailer 1700km out east to my parents new home it managed 12mpg, I really can't complain.
I'm planning a rack and RTT for next summer, something that will sit at cab height to reduce drag as much as possible. Every thing currently fits in the topper, so I'm in no rush.

Screenshot_20220828-112427_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220828-112342_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles