Lets see some full size pictures...

Yes, it's the 3-ton Pro Eagle. It's a good piece of hardware, a bit pricey. Works well both working on truck at home and in the field. However, it really isn't the most space-efficient, convenient thing to cart around all the time on-board. I think I'm going to start the search for a bottle jack that fits my needs simply due to the space savings when I'm fully loaded, and in that scenario it will get relegated to shop duty.

NewGuard84

After lurking as a guest for a few years and going through this thread (and other full size threads) a couple of times I narrowed what I was looking for to a few options (GMT830/GMT930 HD Suburban or Yukon XL).

Last weekend I came across this 2004 Suburban 2500 LT with 127KM/79M and managed to beat the army of interested buyers. It is incredibly clean for its age and mechanically perfect aside from some minor routine wear items.

Plan to use it as a mini camper for camping and hunting trips and also to haul a travel trailer, atvs and boats. Looking forward to using the knowledge shared here to create a fun adventure rig.

7D465319-9B55-4AEA-BAA0-00F408DD85FD.jpegD79BE97D-9C92-4789-9380-407E14B65BE7.jpeg
7E73D4DD-7A82-44D9-BACE-FCB8ED56C7CA.jpeg

Last edited:

Recommended books for Overlanding

Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term Wo...
by Rolf Potts
From $14.29
Drive Nacho Drive: A Journey from the American Dream to t...
by Brad Van Orden, Sheena Van Orden
From $15.95
The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United Stat...
by TeriAnn Wakeman
From $64.95
Cycling the Great Divide: From Canada to Mexico on North ...
by Michael McCoy, venture Cycling Association
From $9.99
4WD Driving Skills: A Manual for On- and Off-Road Travel
by Vic Widman
From $17.27