Lets see some full size pictures...

Moontower

Nice truck, did you build that yourself? What type of rims are those? Planning on adding an AEV bumper?
I did build it. Started with a brand new Laramie Sport and ordered all of the PXL parts from AEV. Both sets of wheels pictured are Spyderlocks. The gray ones are 20" wheels with 43" SX's. The bare aluminum ones are 17's with 42" Sticky Treps.
Probably going to build custom bumpers but hacking up the OEM worked pretty good in the meantime.

ttengineer

Adventurer
I did build it. Started with a brand new Laramie Sport and ordered all of the PXL parts from AEV. Both sets of wheels pictured are Spyderlocks. The gray ones are 20" wheels with 43" SX's. The bare aluminum ones are 17's with 42" Sticky Treps.
Probably going to build custom bumpers but hacking up the OEM worked pretty good in the meantime.

What did you have to cut to fit the 42s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moontower

What did you have to cut to fit the 42s?

The AEV Highmarks remove about 3.5" of sheetmetal from the fenders and body and reconfigure the headlight brackets. I also had to carve the guts out of the front bumper where the factory fogs used to be and add 1/8" of steering stop. But it fully steers and articulates without any rubbing. Pretty dialed in with 43's right now. It's super ************!

ttengineer

Adventurer
The AEV Highmarks remove about 3.5" of sheetmetal from the fenders and body and reconfigure the headlight brackets. I also had to carve the guts out of the front bumper where the factory fogs used to be and add 1/8" of steering stop. But it fully steers and articulates without any rubbing. Pretty dialed in with 43's right now. It's super ************!

What offset/BS and size wheels are you running?

chet6.7

Explorer
Yes on Rhino rack,it's ok,the Pioneer platform is an interesting option though.
I wish the Vagabond Drifter was available back then,I need to sleep in the shell,I could have some of the gear that needs to carried externally in the bed and sleep on top in the pop up.I hope they get their production ramped up so the wait times are reasonable,I may be mistaken but I think it close to a year.

Explorerinil

Observer
Yes on Rhino rack,it's ok,the Pioneer platform is an interesting option though.
I wish the Vagabond Drifter was available back then,I need to sleep in the shell,I could have some of the gear that needs to carried externally in the bed and sleep on top in the pop up.I hope they get their production ramped up so the wait times are reasonable,I may be mistaken but I think it close to a year.
How was the install? Do you drill into the roof?

chet6.7

Explorer
How was the install? Do you drill into the roof?
No drilling needed! The install is not bad,I don't remember which of the supporting bars was the most difficult,maybe the rear,the bolts holding the clamping mechanism could have been a little longer.

Hot damn, Rakkasan - that is an awesome setup.

That looks like one of the no-drill Rhino Rack setups. How do you like it? How stable/reliable is it off-road, and what kind of load is it good for? Considering doing something similar on my truck, which is pretty similar to yours in terms of equipment.

Rakkasan3187

Hot damn, Rakkasan - that is an awesome setup.

That looks like one of the no-drill Rhino Rack setups. How do you like it? How stable/reliable is it off-road, and what kind of load is it good for? Considering doing something similar on my truck, which is pretty similar to yours in terms of equipment.

Thank you sir. Unfortunately this Rhino Rack system I did have a track system drilled into the roof of the cab. I have not had any issues with it and it is extremely sturdy for what its worth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles