Lets see some full size pictures...

Blouder

What is the rear carrier you have there? Is it a bumper with accessories?
I have similar truck/camper and I'm looking for extra storage ideas to carry a spare tire, propane tank etc.
Thanks

Here are some more pictures of our most recent trip.

View attachment 351686View attachment 351690
View attachment 351687View attachment 351689

Drove 3500 miles in 10 days from Northern California, 80 through Nevada, north to Idaho, east to Yellowstone and the Teton's and as far north as Billings, to satisfy my wife's desire for a shower after driving the Bear Tooth Highway. Spent 4 nights in Yellowstone, 2 nights in Teton National Park, and a few other places. Drove through Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming and Montana. We saw 7 Bears, a Moose with her newborn, countless Bison, Eagles, Pronghorn, and many other animals. We heard a wolves while staying in the Teton's which was really cool but we didn't see any. Crowds weren't as bad as I anticipated, probably because we beat the busy season at Yellowstone by a week or two, apparently.

slopmad

Just purchased this beauty last weekend. She's a 1995 GMC Yukon, stock, with BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain T/A tires. I took her to my trusted local mechanic and she's mechanically perfect with a straight frame and no rush. I'm still deciding on a name for her, but for now, meet my new baby:

Atl-atl

Adventurer
In between Deckers and Sedalia Colorado this evening right at sunset.

30803434535_43ba492e4a_b.jpg

Atl-atl

Adventurer
^^^Nice! I just looked through your threads, very nice rigs. Im actually in Castle Rock right now even though my profile says Denver. Im always down for an adventure long or short and Im not currently working so Im ready to go! Next trip I have planned is Sedalia > Deckers > Goose Creek Road > China Wall. If I can find someone to go I just might do it tomorrow!

95C1500

Observer
Just purchased this beauty last weekend. She's a 1995 GMC Yukon, stock, with BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain T/A tires. I took her to my trusted local mechanic and she's mechanically perfect with a straight frame and no rush. I'm still deciding on a name for her, but for now, meet my new baby:

God it's perfect. Love the color

Atl-atl

Adventurer
Random adventures from the weekend. "Rampart Range" Colorado.

The coolest campsite Ive ever seen is underneath this rock.

30193550243_f432d7e2ff_b.jpg

30711561862_99d35838c4_b.jpg

30193499293_667aa02f11_b.jpg

30196714884_997a943fe3_b.jpg

Thats Pikes Peak in the distance.

30196693294_9dd7322b21_b.jpg

30711559472_64b27521e9_b.jpg

30711565942_97cdff4805_b.jpg

Atl-atl

Adventurer
this is the most awesome picture I think I've ever seen.

:sombrero: Its not just a perspective thing either, its truly that big. Easily the size of a house. The overhang is 15+ feet and its 10-12 feet from the ground to the bottom of the cantilevered underside.

I think that's Balanced Rock. I've been in the area but never actually been to the rock.

I found my way here because of the Funtreks book that I picked up a couple years back. I kept looking at this trail thinking how cool the campsite was they talked about in the book. I dont actually think this is balanced rock though. There is a separate trail that is more difficult than this one and half of the trail to the actual balanced rock has been shut down. I do think you can still get to it though. Im not sure how much more balanced a rock can get than this hah! There is a truly official "balanced rock" that is down in Garden of the Gods. This rock is neither of those haha. There are tons of cool rock formations along Dakan Road and Hidden Valley Road.

edit: I was partially right and partially wrong. Via traildamage.com there is a trail called Balanced Rock Road, which is off of Rampart Range Road, South of where Hidden Valley Road crosses. Hidden Valley Road is where the rock from my pictures resides. I am yet to find a name for it and there is no plaque etc. by it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior