Lets see some full size pictures...

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
My area of Central Florida has this growning new trend that is literally driving me INSANE. Dropping the rear end of the truck to the point it looks so stupid and ridiculous that I laugh and point every time I see one drive by. Our girl that works for us has a truck like this, and I told her I'd pay out of my own pocket to have her truck leveled and looking normal. Just refused and told me that I'm old and don't understand what looks cool?????????????

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/v/t1.0-9/1491731_233800630161183_162041789094111424_n.jpg?oh=1583a1eb9c42db22f8b8828ebbcea1a9&oe=54061B6B
1491731_233800630161183_162041789094111424_n.jpg

Reminds me of a top heavy steroid freak. lol.
attachment.php

Wish there was a like button.
The place for a stack is on a tractor. Pick ups have beds to haul things in, not to melt things in, and hooking up a trailer every time you want to move something is ridiculous. The one exception that makes sense (sort of) is if you have a farm truck that is constantly towing a stock trailer. A tall stack MIGHT get the exhaust further away from the critters stuck in the trailer.

Don't even get me started on the guys who fold out their tow mirrors on half ton short bed trucks, yet don't ever tow anything. I daily drive a dually, and the only time my mirrors go out? You guessed it... WHEN I'M TOWING!

Tune in next week when I discuss the merits of tucking your ears inside a ball cap! :elkgrin:

east_tn_81

Adventurer
The place for a stack is on a tractor. Pick ups have beds to haul things in, not to melt things in, and hooking up a trailer every time you want to move something is ridiculous. The one exception that makes sense (sort of) is if you have a farm truck that is constantly towing a stock trailer. A tall stack MIGHT get the exhaust further away from the critters stuck in the trailer.

Don't even get me started on the guys who fold out their tow mirrors on half ton short bed trucks, yet don't ever tow anything. I daily drive a dually, and the only time my mirrors go out? You guessed it... WHEN I'M TOWING!

Tune in next week when I discuss the merits of tucking your ears inside a ball cap! :elkgrin:

That makes me laugh. I would so tune in to that discussion. Will you also discuss flat brim hats with the stickers still on it?

east_tn_81

Adventurer
My area of Central Florida has this growning new trend that is literally driving me INSANE. Dropping the rear end of the truck to the point it looks so stupid and ridiculous that I laugh and point every time I see one drive by. Our girl that works for us has a truck like this, and I told her I'd pay out of my own pocket to have her truck leveled and looking normal. She refused and told me that I'm old and don't understand what looks cool?????????????

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/v/t1.0-9/1491731_233800630161183_162041789094111424_n.jpg?oh=1583a1eb9c42db22f8b8828ebbcea1a9&oe=54061B6B

I have seen this before makes me want to vomit.

BAANG

That's cool? Really? It's not that you're too old at all. It's that you're not a moron! LOLOL I could use that as a ramp to load my ATV on my truck.

98GP

Observer
How can they see to drive?
I bet their mpg average is crap now.
It looks like this half ton has pulled one to many 30' travel trailers.

Rockhounder

Explorer
My area of Central Florida has this growning new trend that is literally driving me INSANE. Dropping the rear end of the truck to the point it looks so stupid and ridiculous that I laugh and point every time I see one drive by. Our girl that works for us has a truck like this, and I told her I'd pay out of my own pocket to have her truck leveled and looking normal. She refused and told me that I'm old and don't understand what looks cool?????????????

Hee hee, looks like a toad ready to hop.... hey there's an idea, put a good set of pneumatic shocks on that with a controller, and you can go "hopping" down the highway... now that would be FUNNY

Bojak

Adventurer
Several years ago that look was big out west. Called cali lean. Think it started with prerunners so it's origin was function over fashion. Still looks stupid.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Bojak

Adventurer
GabAlmighty, I love the 81. When you say I6 what motor does it have specifically? I am a very big fan of gas straight 6 motors. I consider them as close to bulletproof as your going to get. I've seen some severely old and neglected ones just keep going and going. Maintenance was add fuel and an oil change was more like add some from time to time. Just kept going.

east_tn_81

Adventurer
GabAlmighty, I love the 81. When you say I6 what motor does it have specifically? I am a very big fan of gas straight 6 motors. I consider them as close to bulletproof as your going to get. I've seen some severely old and neglected ones just keep going and going. Maintenance was add fuel and an oil change was more like add some from time to time. Just kept going.

That should be a 4.9L

quickfarms

Adventurer
That is why exhaust exit out the side. A stack could also get in the way of a fith wheel or a goose neck.

A stack does not get in the way of a fifth wheel or goose neck.

A stack was, and may still be, an option on ford trucks. One of my f series cabs has the lower bolts in it for duel stacks.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Several years ago that look was big out west. Called cali lean. Think it started with prerunners so it's origin was function over fashion. Still looks stupid.

Yes, it was because you could only afford to modify one end of your truck so they usually did the front first. Riverside Rake, Leucadia Lean, San Diego Slouch, etc..

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Not as extreme as the picture but the nose up thing is driving me nut too. I live in south ga.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94