Lets see some full size pictures...

Viggen

Just here...
My poor baby, look at those tears after being neglected in the freezing cold backyard with no front diff for the last month! :(

View attachment 154030

View attachment 154029

Whatre you doing with this? SAS? I have been thinking about a 92-94 K5. I would love one with a solid front and barn doors. Theres a '93 sitting in my neighborhood that never moves. Barn doors and everything. I fight the urge to stop by and make an offer.

noJeepshere

Adventurer
Whatre you doing with this? SAS? I have been thinking about a 92-94 K5. I would love one with a solid front and barn doors. Theres a '93 sitting in my neighborhood that never moves. Barn doors and everything. I fight the urge to stop by and make an offer.

He did a sas on it over a year ago, look on Coloradok5 for his build thread. His truck is named "Penny"

cent frum a smaert fone

my1stcummins

Adventurer
image.jpg
Had some fun with plastidip by blacking out the rear bumper and wheels this weekend and added a roof rack. I used 3/4 galvanized pipe rather than buying the expensive Yakima bars. Pretty happy with the way the truck looks right now. I also replaced the interior and tail light bulbs with LEDs.

burbaned'

wow...tons of REALLY nice rigs in here....

figured my first post should be of Bertha....

just got her back on the road. bought her for $1500 with blown motor, now rbuilt 350 tbi, locker in the rear, welded front, 15k smittybilt X2O winch, about halfway done with the front bumper, built the rack this last weekend, new 18X10 moto metals wrapped with 38-15.5-18 toyos, new drivelines, 8" skyjacker lift, viair twin compressors and tanks, and tons of other crap I have not yet had time to install......

my1stcummins

Adventurer
Sweet Air setup! I put a Viair system in my rig not long ago and LOVE having that flexibility to air up or down, and use tools. It's also nice for cleaning using the compressed air. I have rack envy :)

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
wow...tons of REALLY nice rigs in here....

figured my first post should be of Bertha....

just got her back on the road. bought her for $1500 with blown motor, now rbuilt 350 tbi, locker in the rear, welded front, 15k smittybilt X2O winch, about halfway done with the front bumper, built the rack this last weekend, new 18X10 moto metals wrapped with 38-15.5-18 toyos, new drivelines, 8" skyjacker lift, viair twin compressors and tanks, and tons of other crap I have not yet had time to install......
Beautiful rig there! Very nice..

mattiep11

Adventurer
NEW 3500 4x4

Got my new truck about two months ago 2012 Silverado 3500 4x4, reg cab w/pwr locks and windows, 6.0 gasser, 3:73 rear. michelin atx2 tires
bought century high C with sliders and flip down windows, bed rug, yakima q towers with 76" load bars and thule atlantis mounted to the bars. Yakima hold up 2 on the rear hitch.

For everyday mountain life and camping we carry:
150qt rubbermaid GOTT marine 7 day cooler with built in re-freezable ice packs(they turn to drink water when not frozen)
Ex large tuff bin filled with survival gear for the rockie mountain winter driving and summer back road exploration
Hi lift extreme
Big 100' chain,
50' snatch strap
Rubber maid BIN #1 camping gear, marmot tent, maromot 2-waterproof breathable 0 degree sleeping bags(with liners), 2-thermarest pads, jet boil, light my fire utinsils, towls and soap and tp wet ones...and fishing gear
BIN #2 Biking bin... park tools, extra parts, two packs for various trips, camelbacks, extra foods, med pac,clothing helmets gloves socks
Bin#3 Fire wood and starting paper, grill pie irons and cast irons

BIN#4 Winter only!.. Backcountry split board gear, avalung survival pack ready to go, Black diamond colapsable poles and my burton s- split, and back up snow shoes for me and her

Couple of camp chairs
2-6 gallon water tanks
2- roll out carpet mats to keep dirt outta the bed of the truck
tarp for the tent footprint

Garmin gps to lead the way.. ( put close to 3000 miles in amonth on it... Moab, Crested Butte, Grand Junction, Gunnison, Colorado Springs)

Bikes on the yakima rack...
Trek remedy 9.7 ( all sorts of carbon)
Kona Lisa (to get us out and about)

bocce ball and frizz golf to play around

I will post some pics soon!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles