Lets go to Baja!

Greg@RME

Adventurer
Thanks for the report. I'm headed down crossing the border at Tecate on 2/16 for probably 8 nights and it's good to have some recent info. Check out Laguna Diablo next time, it's pretty special.

33k8KNS.jpg

You heading back on the bike? The XR650R is the perfect Baja bike!

DVD

Adventurer
Great write up! We were down there too over New Year's (with the little ROF trip) and saw lots of the same sites. We even stopped in at the same restaurant with the one-eyed Great Dane in Bahia de Los Angeles. Were you there when the electricity went out for the entire town?
Thanks for jogging my memory.

Greg@RME

Adventurer
Great write up! We were down there too over New Year's (with the little ROF trip) and saw lots of the same sites. We even stopped in at the same restaurant with the one-eyed Great Dane in Bahia de Los Angeles. Were you there when the electricity went out for the entire town?
Thanks for jogging my memory.

Thanks! I heard about the electricity going down, but it didn't effect us.

You heading back on the bike? The XR650R is the perfect Baja bike!
Going in my Taco this trip with my son and the lady. It's got a Vagabond Drifter, 35s, supercharged, gears, lockers, etc. A buddy with his similarly built FJ is joining me. Palapas in San Francisquito, or maybe Panchos in San Rafael, are as far south as we are going. We will stay on the eastern side this trip.

Thanks! I heard about the electricity going down, but it didn't effect us.
My dad took me to LA Bay when I was a kid in '93. The road from the MX-1 was dirt the entire way back then and the town had limited generator electricity. I hadn't been back until Dec '17 and it was pretty shocking to see how built up it was.

Were the Pemex up and running in LA Bay when you were there? I only get ~200 miles to a tank and can only carry ~90 miles of additional fuel so I pay pretty close attention to those things when down there.

Greg@RME

Adventurer
Going in my Taco this trip with my son and the lady. It's got a Vagabond Drifter, 35s, supercharged, gears, lockers, etc. A buddy with his similarly built FJ is joining me. Palapas in San Francisquito, or maybe Panchos in San Rafael, are as far south as we are going. We will stay on the eastern side this trip.

We LOVE San Francisquito!!

My dad took me to LA Bay when I was a kid in '93. The road from the MX-1 was dirt the entire way back then and the town had limited generator electricity. I hadn't been back until Dec '17 and it was pretty shocking to see how built up it was.

Were the Pemex up and running in LA Bay when you were there? I only get ~200 miles to a tank and can only carry ~90 miles of additional fuel so I pay pretty close attention to those things when down there.

Yeah, we filled up in the Bay of LA without issue before heading back.

gnel

Sad to say but there is no more Pancho:cry: dep/rip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94