Let's get APRSDroid integration into the new Backcountry Navigator XE app

Outono

I know many of you are using APRSDroid with Backcountry Navigator on your Android tablet, but what you may not know is that the developer has a new application called Backcountry Navigator XE that's nearing official release. This new app is leaps and bounds better than the original and is available for both iOS and Android. The problem is that it currently lacks the APRSDroid integration that makes the original app so unique (for Android, at least).

So we need your help! If you have a moment, post some support in the APRSDroid Feature Request thread of the Backcountry Navigator website. The more interest shown, the more likely it will be pushed up the road map. We may finally get an application that will become comparable to Gaia, but with proper APRS plotting capabilities.

JimBiram

Adventurer
It still isn’t ready for prime time. It’s difficult to access waypoints on the fly. You have to dig into the trip menu a couple of menus deep. They need to add a button to the screen that takes you right to the waypoint list. I still prefer the old app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Awesome,

Thank you!

I had neighbor a while back who was trying to use APRS to track his livestock guard dogs. It was actually pretty cool, just kind of hardware intensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles