Lets Discuss 2nd Gen Armada/QX Skid Plates and Rock Sliders

SRN

Adventurer
Along with a lift, in my opinion the most important modification you can make to any vehicle is adding undercarriage protection in the form of skid plates and rock sliders. So lets discuss options.

leeleatherwood has pointed out that 1st Generation Toyota Tacoma Double Cab rock sliders will work with minimal modifications, and the weld on kit from 4x Innovations is cheap, so thats a great solution. It'd also be easy to build one yourself with a Tube Shark and some DOM; if you have the means.

Skid plates are another deal. For Y62 Patrols, there are plenty of options (such as this DASH Under Body Protection kit). BUT in one of DASH's videos, I recall him mentioning that there are enough differences between the Patrol and Armada that his kit will not work for the Armada. Has anyone tried? Are there any other options out there?

leeleatherwood

I modified the skid plates from my Frontier. Some of them fit fine with no modifications but others required notches to be cut or holes drilled for different mounting locations. This is an option if you can do things yourself, it was not overly difficult at all for anything with even a little fab experience.

You could also look for Skidplates from 1st Gen Armada/Titan, they might be an even closer fit.

All of these vehicles are based on the same platform, but there are minor differences per model.

The Weld-On Rock Sliders kit from 4x Innovations fits perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz