Let see your Lego Overlanders

compactcamping

Explorer
Here is some Christmas themed Lego back country action

194-sm.jpg

Project510

Adventurer
Is that a kit or your own design? ^^^^ Looks great!

I just started acquiring legos for my 3 year old nephew! Gonna build a small play table to replace the Thomas the train one he has currently. Cant wait!

mgeiger

Observer
y2e3a7uj.jpg
ramy7egy.jpg
Most of my Legos are 30 years old. I do have a few parts mixed in from my kids' newer sets. Still- this thing uses only basic parts- no fancy pre made parts.

Last edited:

JayT

image.jpg

Threw this bad boy together this evening. You'll recognize some of the pieces and basic design from the original post.

EDIT: It actually looks more like the white samurai from earlier.

compactcamping

Explorer
Breathing some air back into this one ...

Since my first car a ’67 convertible Mustang and someone in our neighborhood around the same time having a 4WD ’68 Mustang coupe, I have thought about building a four wheel drive Mustang on and off. So finally taking a step in that direction with building a Lego 4WD ’67 convertible Mustang.

Attachments

• Lego mustang 4wd convertible trailer.JPG
    Lego mustang 4wd convertible trailer.JPG
    308.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Lego mustang 4wd convertible1.JPG
    Lego mustang 4wd convertible1.JPG
    255.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Lego mustang 4wd convertible3.JPG
    Lego mustang 4wd convertible3.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 9

85_Ranger4x4

My go to truck when I was a kid. Cage was usually out of the back and lights were off the roof. Added a trailer hitch to the back to pull whatever I needed to pull. I converted it to an SUV for awhile with panel windows and a hatchback but it was stupidly tippy with the spring axles. Currently collecting parts to build a green one inspired by my Ranger.

6490-1.jpg

My current work in progress. The proportions are not right and still very much in flux, windshield frame is temporary. I need to just order springs for it because apparently they go fast at my local used Lego store. I need to get the suspension figured out so I can get the chassis itself finalized. It is hard to find green bricks too.

Last edited:

compactcamping

Explorer
My go to truck when I was a kid. Cage was usually out of the back and lights were off the roof. Added a trailer hitch to the back to pull whatever I needed to pull. I converted it to an SUV for awhile with panel windows and a hatchback but it was stupidly tippy with the spring axles. Currently collecting parts to build a green one inspired by my Ranger.

Cool, remember the Amazon Crossing set from way back

85_Ranger4x4

It's one of the sets that I love the most... still have it, and in great condition...

As a kid I played a lot turning my 80's Lego cars into 4x4s, here's how they stand now (the red one is meant to be a replica of my old LWB Samurai in the back picture):
IMG_6049.JPG

IMG_6052.JPG

The raft was one of my first kits.

My first actual lego kit was this one:

1720-1.jpg

Truck was neat, it didn't last long though. In retrospect I wonder if it was inspired by a Toyota troop carrier. I think about every large airplane I built had the rear windows on the sides of the cockpit...

Even in 1994 the guy was working on his instagram..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles