Let see your Lego Overlanders

rkj__

Adventurer
I have a wicked Technic / Lego tow truck kit. (link below)

I did some modifications to convert it to a regular pickup. It's at my parent's place, so I don't have any pictures of the modified pickup.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blazerman/5998005958/

compactcamping

Explorer
Yes, get them started young with Legos and Backcountry adventures!

Chili, once you get cleaned up, get the Legos out and join in.

The Technic kits do have some interesting vehicles.

BuckeyeBullet

Observer
Here are a couple I did years ago, before I even owned my first car. The one is pretty simple, but the other is a bit on the wild side. It has full suspension (first two axles are full independent, rear is trailing arm with a working differential) and it has a flat-8 cylinder engine (Technic parts so the pistons go up and down when the vehicle moves, and yes the crankshaft is quartered). It is mid-engined with the engine between the front two axles. You can see the red air intake sticking up through the roof. The front wheels steer with the little wheel up on the roof. I built it loosely based on the M93 Fox military vehicle. Next time I visit my parents' place in Ohio I will be bringing some of my old Lego trucks back to Utah with me so I can blow the dust off and take some proper photos of them.

DSC08661sm.jpgDSC08665.JPG

JakeC

Hahaha, this is great! I still have a HUGE tote of lego odds and ends in my closet. I may just have to break it out.

Shortpipes

KD0TRP
Sulivan lake in the Superior National Forest

Attachments

• IMG_0579.jpg
    IMG_0579.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0581.jpg
    IMG_0581.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 12

RKRUGER

Adventurer- Toyota Nut
IMG_3185.jpgIMG_3173.jpgIMG_3179.jpg

Here is mine. I can say it is based on a vehicle I have only seen in photos, and can only hope to ever own... a 75 series trayback. Not many of them around Minnesota. I built it last winter as an answer to my kids wanting to "go camping" in the living room in December. Like any rig, it has been built and re-built several times since then. The tool/tent trailer certainly makes the long days away from home a lot more comfortable and saves quite a bit of wear and tear on the truck...;-)

Thanks for the great site. I hope to be able to contribute some time soon with mods done to my Tacoma DCSB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz