LET ME SEE YOUR IMPORTED DOUBLE CAB MB OR IVECO VEHICLE CONVERSION

Heading Out

Adventurer
That bus however is a different story. My wife’s parents were both school bus drivers and I don’t know how she would feel about traveling around like that. ?

A converted bus may not be a bad idea, they come in many lengths and
could be configured to your liking.

Take a look at the Wanderlodge motorhomes, built on a Bluebird bus.
Busses can be had for a very good price and if it's painted doesn't have to look like a school bus.
A bus could be converted to 4X4 if you chose to do so.
Bluebird.jpg
And if you want to fly your freak flag, you could go full Hippy and add a van on the roof. LOL
Hippybus.jpg

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Or you could glue a Studebaker to the top :rolleyes:
Truck-N-Barrels.jpg
photo credit -Joaquin Suave, OverlandHardware.com

dpsmedic

Adventurer
I had considered these only just a little. I really like the 4x4 option and the cooler look of the MB 1222 but maybe I don’t know enough about the domestic options. Do they come with 4x4? I know some do but had not heard that those big ladder trucks did.

Check out a used Type III Fire Engine for a 4wheel drive option - take off the pump, water tank and rear hose bed/storage cabinets and sell those then build your structure - probably too short for everyone in a 9 person family though. :)

Some options: 2000 INTERNATIONAL 4900
2004 International 7400 4x4 Urban Interface Type 3

For a longer apparatus you would need to look at a 4 wheel drive Type 1 engine such as:
1992 KME 4x4 ARFF Pumper

Or a Quint (pull the ladder, pump, tank, hose bed and storage sell those then build)
1990 E-One 6X6 Hurricane 62' Aerial

Then there is the UniMog.
2006 Unimog Wildland 4x4 Attack

Then there is always this which is partially started for you. Would have to do a 4wd conversion...
2004 International 7600 Command Vehicle

Last edited:

4x4for9

Check out a used Type III Fire Engine for a 4wheel drive option - take off the pump, water tank and rear hose bed/storage cabinets and sell those then build your structure - probably too short for everyone in a 9 person family though. :)

Some options: 2000 INTERNATIONAL 4900
2004 International 7400 4x4 Urban Interface Type 3

For a longer apparatus you would need to look at a 4 wheel drive Type 1 engine such as:
1992 KME 4x4 ARFF Pumper

Or a Quint (pull the ladder, pump, tank, hose bed and storage sell those then build)
1990 E-One 6X6 Hurricane 62' Aerial

Then there is the UniMog.
2006 Unimog Wildland 4x4 Attack

Then there is always this which is partially started for you. Would have to do a 4wd conversion...
2004 International 7600 Command Vehicle
Wow...thanks for all the research. I honestly have not done much searching on state-side options but maybe I need to. Thanks again for all the info.

4x4for9

Forget multi cab/dual cab because they cost a lot of vehicle space that is wasted most of the time.
Configure the camper section to include enough legal seating that can also be used while driving.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome
Hey Peter,
Thanks for the input. I have considered doing that very thing but have obviously been leaning more towards everyone in the cab. I probably should expand my options and consider what you are talking about just to be realistic. Since I’m not out anything by considering all options, might as well.
Thanks again!

Sitec

Adventurer
A 4x4 bus would have to be one of the few ways forward... Tho expensive this one would be pretty good... It's going places where we would go in our truck, and to be honest we wouldn't plan to do much more than that...

An option worth considering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier