Let’s see your bed storage systems

docster

How do you organize your tools and gear in your bed if you aren’t using a rack system?

I am currently only using bins and looking for something nicer without spending the money on a decked system.

Grassland

Bins and swing case. I'd like a second swing case.
And I had Decked drawers before. I also have a cab high topper so my bins don't walk away.

adaml

I spent a lot of time looking at all kinds of different options out there and while there are things I don't like about the Decked system, it became pretty apparent that it's the best option when it comes to striking a compromise between money and bootleggedness.

If you want to go with bins, Id say you should get some sort of bed slide but now you're back in Decked money (or higher).

adaml

Yeah, I think if I did it over again, I'd go for the bed slide instead of the Decked

docster

Yeah, I think if I did it over again, I'd go for the bed slide instead of the Decked

I like this idea. I use a roll up tonneau cover which I love. But I also use a tailgate pad to put our 6 bikes on. I can’t do that with a decked system in all the time but could with a slide.

D

Deleted member 9101

We use bed slides at work, they are nice when you park on flat ground. If you are parked nose down or nose up you'll be in for a work out if it's loaded.

andy_b

We use bed slides at work, they are nice when you park on flat ground. If you are parked nose down or nose up you'll be in for a work out if it's loaded.

This shouldn't be underestimated. Mine, when loaded to capacity, weighs about 1000lbs (when you take into account the weight of the slide itself). At the campsite, I try to burn extra calories to make sure that the truck itself is level due to the RTT, so it isn't a problem. The issue arises at short stops where you don't have the ability to make things level - that can make things a real PITA.

Regardless, the slide should be a serious consideration for anyone with a pickup. I don't get anything from them, but Slide Master was hands down the best value among slide manufacturers. Anyone considering one should only look at 100% (or more) extension - anything less means you've paid for a slide that you can only use a percentage of. I chose to add my own decking. I used 3/4" ply covered with 1/8" aluminum. This was totally ridiculous overkill and really adds to the weight of unit. Don't do what I did lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke